in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-08-2011 4:01 AM by vikinger. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-06-2011 7:50 AM

Wall Mounting Beovision 1LS

Hi, I have the opportunity to buy a BV1 and want to mount it on a wall in my bedroom - the problem is that the wall appears to not be that solid in that I think it is filled in - the building is really old and Grade II listed - any ideas on how I can do this - one thought was to fix a peice of board to the wall and paint that to match, then hang the TV off that?

Has anyone else had similar problems?

I also want a 4002 for my kitchen, that is a better wall but is new and made of plaster board - I can get behind it as where the tv would go is in front of a roof space, so could strengthen from behind

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 09-08-2011 4:01 AM In reply to

Re: Wall Mounting Beovision 1LS

I assume you have the BV1/BC1 wall bracket?

The BV1 wall bracket places a very high load on the wall. If the wall is not solid I would suggest either locating an existing timber stud and using coach screws, or if necessary inserting a new timber stud in the wall. Your idea of using a raised panel would be a good alternative: construct a plasterboard panel on studs and fix it to the surface of the existing wall. Because of the weight of the TV you will need two or three carefully aligned studs at the centre behind the wall bracket leaving a gap for the cabling. If you leave an access point and cover near the bottom of the panel (removable deep skirting?) you can hide all the stbs, plugs and connections.

Having said all that, I've previously had a wall mounted BC1 but after moving house found it easier to buy a pole mount for the TV rather than use the wall mount again.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)