in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-07-2011 6:19 AM by henrik. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-05-2011 4:44 PM

Finally did it

After years of procrastinating, afew weeks ago, I traded in my BL4000's that I bought brand new for a second hand pair of Beolab Penta 2 as front and Beovox Penta as rears connected through an MCL2p to my Avant and BS3000 - the sound is absolutely amazing, I just love it.

Just wanted to say thanks to Peter for the advice in previous posts and say just say how good these speakers are. In Music mode with my iPod and Speakers 4 the sound is so good - the rears tend to just fill in the bits that are missing. And as an added bonus, I am finding that I don't have to play the music loud to hear everything, in fact the bass is on -3 and it's still enough. Movies are also so much better even though the DVD is a DVD1 and difficult as anything to use!

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 09-06-2011 2:50 AM In reply to

Re: Finally did it

I to think penta's are amazing! they are effortless. Enjoy!

• 09-06-2011 1:41 PM In reply to

• Hungedu
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-08-2009
    • Ambergris Caye, Belize
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

I've had my Penta III speakers for over 15 years, and still love their sound. As much as I would love to own a pair of BeoLab 5s, I don't think they could sound much better in the room where I already have my Pentas.

BeoVision 7-55 3D, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound 8, BeoLab 7-6, BeoLab Penta III, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 2, LC-1, BeoTime (analog clock), Form 1 headphones, Beo 4 remote.

• 09-07-2011 6:19 AM In reply to

• henrik
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 299
    • Founder

also like the Penta a lot, and I bought a pair of IIIs this spring.

They are not perfect, though. My main problem is that they don't sound good in my livingroom, but that room IS a diffcult room acoustically. i have tried my Pentas in my bedroom, and they sounded great there so my problem is acoustics and placement-related.

I'm not saying the Penta is a bad speaker - I like the Penta a lot - but they are quite sensitive to placement and room acoustics, and more so than the other speakers I own. Another potential problem is that the treble is very directional. So why am I complaining in the celebration thread? Well, I just think that avery new Penta owner should be aware of these issues and be careful when placing the Pentas - it you place them right, they will sound much better! :-) Experiment with toe-in, distance to walls, etc etc - it's definitely worth it! It is a great speaker! Welcome to the Penta club! :-)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)