in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-05-2011 7:21 AM by Raeuber. 24 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (25 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-03-2011 7:18 AM

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Confused [*-)] FIXED: BV10-40 DVB SW update + Active Picture Format Optimization + Stand positions

Hi guys,

I've just been delivered of my new BV10-40 but have 3 questions I don't find the answers.

1) I've checked the DVB HD T/C SW version that seems to be 0.1.6.4.0 and don't manage to install the 0.1.7.1.0 software available in the B&O website.

I've tried to put the text + pkg files on an empty USB key but the BV10 tells me "no new sw version" even if I think the DVB has to be upgraded because of its old version.

So could you please tell me how to verify if my DVB software is really up to date or not? If it's not the current version, how to install it properly?

2) Yesterday, I was watching Tron Legacy HD on my BV10, and noticed the Active Picture Format Optimization wasn't always working.

Sometimes, there wasn't any black bars up and down, and the movie was full screen and the other times, there were these black bars up and down. I've tried different dvd and bluray, but it doesn't seem to work everytime.

Could you please explain me how this feature works?

3) Last question (thanks for your patience): How can I set the different stand positions that are available form my Beo4 (stand 1, 2, 3...)?

I've checked the menu, but except the audio, video and stand position, nothnig about the 5 or 6 different settings available from the remote.

Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Cheers,

E d o u a r d  G

• Beovision 10-40 Orange MkII / Motorised stand / DVB HD T2/C MkIII
    • Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Beocom 2 MkII (Polished Alu)
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

°°°°°°°  2nd Prize Draw Winner - November '11 / Beolab 3000 N.O.S  °°°°°°°
  • 09-03-2011 9:14 AM In reply to

Re: BV10-40 DVB SW update + Active Picture Format Optimization + Stand positions

hi

To answer your first question, there is a fault with the updatefunction, at least on my BV 7. If you connect your tv with an ethernetcable and then update with the USB, it works, at least it does on mine (dont know if the BV 10 has ethernet).

As to question two, i have no answers.

To answer your third question. The stand positions are preset and you are not able to make your own. (position 1 far left, position 9, far right, position 5 center)

/ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 09-03-2011 10:30 AM In reply to

Re: BV10-40 DVB SW update Active Picture Format Optimization Stand positions

Hi EdouardG,

to your first question:

I had the same problem when updating the HD module to 0.1.7.1. Try the following:

- Standby your BV 10,

- Insert the USB stick with the two update files,

- Press DTV on Beo4,

- Wait a few minutes until the sceen is green.

After this procedure my BV 10 had installed the update.

Good luck!

Regards

Räuber
  • 09-03-2011 10:43 AM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Re: BV10-40 DVB SW update + Active Picture Format Optimization + Stand positions

Thanks for your replies guys!

@ Ehlerz

I will try your tip asap and let you know!

But do I only need to plug an ethernet cable on the tv without connecting it to the internet?

@ Raeuber

After pressing DTV, do I need to do the procedure from the update menu as explained by B&O in the update user manual or will the dvb do the update itself without doing anything?

After the green screen is visible, do I need to stand-by the tv and unplug it for 20 secs as specified in the manual?

Let me know please.

PS: Which files do I need to choose between the 2 versions of the 0.1.7.1.0 availables in the downloaded files?

Did you put the text + packages files in your usb stick?

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 09-03-2011 10:45 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Sometimes this helps:

It's always a good idea to format the USB-Stick to get it "absolutely clean & empty".

Copy just the two required files directly into the root of your stick (use no folder).

Before updating:

- disconnect the TV from the mains for a minimum of 2 minutes
    - restore power
    - wait till the TV has finished it's autocheck procedures and has returned to standby.
    - start the update procedure exactly as described  

• 09-03-2011 11:31 AM In reply to

EdouardG:

@ Raeuber

After pressing DTV, do I need to do the procedure from the update menu as explained by B&O in the update user manual or will the dvb do the update itself without doing anything?

After the green screen is visible, do I need to stand-by the tv and unplug it for 20 secs as specified in the manual?

Let me know please.

PS: Which files do I need to choose between the 2 versions of the 0.1.7.1.0 availables in the downloaded files?

Did you put the text + packages files in your usb stick?

After pressing DTV the update will start automaticly without the update menue.

After the green screen unplug the usb stick, press STANBBY and finally press DTV to switch on.

Use an empty stick and copy the following two files on the stick if you have the T/C module (the other two files are for the T/C/S2 module):

- 6020init.txt

- 9100260_SW_DVB_HD_MODULE_08_01.710.fpkg

This procedure worked with my BV 10-40.

/Räuber

• 09-03-2011 12:47 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Reply to 2) :

This is not a bug, this is a feature!!! Stick out tongue

Tron : Legacy is exactly the same as Batman : The Dark Knight or Transformers 2 : the realisator has chosen to put action scenes in 16:9 and the other parts of the film in 2,35:1 (cinemascope). So your BV10 is acting as it does, displaying exactly what is in the Blu Ray. The Dark Knight was the first Blu Ray featuring this kind of content, it was so strange for some customers that in France, FNAC put a little note on their shelf explaining that it was not a bug Wink

• 09-03-2011 1:45 PM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

@Raeuber

Thanks for your kind help.

I tried to do it but doesn't seem to work in my newly delivered bv10 (this week).

Could you please tell if module version (0.1.6.4.0) visible from menu corresponds to the sw version or is it something else?

My bv10 is maybe up to date as I cannot upgrade it???

Let me know please.

Cheers

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 09-03-2011 2:41 PM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

@mbee

Hi my friend, it's been a while!

Thanks for your answer, very helpful!

Cheers

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 09-03-2011 7:00 PM In reply to

Hi EdouardG,

yes, module version (0.1.6.4.0) visible from menu corresponds to the sw version.

The version is also shown in the service menue: Press MENU-MENU-OPTIONS-0-0-Go-MONITOR-MONITOR INFORMATION. There is also shown the firmware version of your BV 10 (Build 166 is the latest).

If no described way updates the HD module, you have to contact your dealer.

/Räuber

• 09-04-2011 4:51 AM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Hi Raeuber,

Thanks for your very quick replies!

Ok, so even if my BV10 has just been delivered directly from Struer, I can confirm its DVB module software is not up to date (0.1.6.4.0).

That's quite weird that B&O don't send their products with updated softwares :(

I'll try to install the new version and tell you if it worked.

Cheers,

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 09-04-2011 5:23 AM In reply to

And B&O is saying on their web site that it's easy to update the DVB module... and that the clients are happy!!!

Why does B&O still continue to stay so disconnected from the client's world and their needs?
  • 09-04-2011 9:55 AM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

@Vienne & Raeuber

Hi guys,

I tried your tips but nothing works :(

Even if I tried 2 different empty usb sticks formated in FAT or FAT32, pressing twice the green button, always the same message: "no new update".

That's so boring!!!

I'll call my local ad on monday to ask them a solution.

I'll let you know!

Have a nice sunday.

Cheers,

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 09-04-2011 10:29 AM In reply to

why not asking your dealer to do the update? I mean if the TV has just been bought why worrying?

Regards Elmar

• 09-04-2011 12:04 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

B&O says that you need to put only the 2 files on your stick... Are you using a Mac or a PC? If you use a Mac, it always write a lot of indexation files to the stick, not visible on your Mac but visible in a PC. Maybe the BV sees all those files and for security reason doesn't update. If you were using a Mac, do the same, with a PC.

• 09-04-2011 4:11 PM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

@f5434964

Hi Elmar,

I don't worry as I've just bought it.

But I thought it was easier to do it myself.

@mbee

Hello l'ami,

I tried first with my mac, but as it didn't work, i did it with a pc (win xp pro).

I formated (fat and fat 32) the usb stick and put the 2 files (text + pkg) in it.

Then i followed the B&O DVB update manual + the tips some Beoworld members advised me....but nothing works :(

I wanted this update because I like my new devices to be up to date, but first because I was in trouble with the reception of Canal +.

This issue was finally due to my coaxial cable that wasn't good...so I replaced it and now Canal + is ok.

Well, I'll call my local AD tomorrow (even if I didn't bought the BV10 from him but from Didier in the Parly2 store) and ask him to come and upload the new sw version.

Let you know.

PS: Could you please pm me your phone number, cause I would like  to call you to have news from you

Cheers,

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 09-04-2011 5:02 PM In reply to

• hotknife
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-03-2008
    • Solingen/Germany
    • Posts 552
    • Bronze Member

If you`ve downloaded the zip file, there should be in total 3 txt-files (6020, 6021, 6023) + 3 fpkg-files (9100260, 9100357, 9100363) available.

All 6 files stored without sub register onto your stick. It is important to ave the txt-files also available!

Normally the software update via dvb-module should work, otherwise the instruction given from Raeuber.

If you are not able to update however (you own a very bad telly), I would ask my dealer why he has delivered a telly not containing the latest dvb-module. I would not pay a penny for the update from your dealer. Give him a ring.

BeoVision 8-40, ATV2, BeoSound 4, Front BeoLab 9, Rear Beolab 4000 MKII, Beo 4

• 09-04-2011 5:27 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

EdouardG:

I tried your tips but nothing works :(

Sorry to hear that but your picture might be telling the reason ....

Software 1.6.4.0 on your picture indicates that your DVB-HD module is a MKIII = T2/C module.
    Therefore 0.1.7.1.0 will be very likely the wrong SW for your module!

Check please:  DTV* -> MENU -> SETUP -> OPTIONS -> MODULE INFORMATION – Model ?.?.?.?
    * or pess TV, if internal TV-Tuner is disabled

If you have a DVB-HD MK I = DVB-HD T/C "Modell: 0.8.0.0" will be displayed,
    if it's a DVB-HD MK III = DVB-HD T2/C "Modell: 1.0.0.0" will be shown.

The latest (production) SW for MK III modules is 1.6.4.0.
    (But, to solve some special issues there is a SERVICE SOFTWARE 0.1.7.2.0 /0.1.7.2.1 available 
    to dealers/serviceman).

• 09-04-2011 6:06 PM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Vienna:

Sorry to hear that but your picture might be telling the reason ....

Software 1.6.4.0 on your picture indicates that your DVB-HD module is a MKIII = T2/C module.
    Therefore 0.1.7.1.0 will be very likely the wrong SW for your module!

Check please:  DTV* -> MENU -> SETUP -> OPTIONS -> MODULE INFORMATION – Model ?.?.?.?
    * or pess TV, if internal TV-Tuner is disabled

If you have a DVB-HD MK I = DVB-HD T/C "Modell: 0.8.0.0" will be displayed,
    if it's a DVB-HD MK III = DVB-HD T2/C "Modell: 1.0.0.0" will be shown.

The latest (production) SW for MK III modules is 1.6.4.0.
    (But, to solve some special issues there is a SERVICE SOFTWARE 0.1.7.2.0 /0.1.7.2.1 available 
    to dealers/serviceman).

Hi Vienna,

Thanks for you help!

Seems my DVB HD module is a T2/C as you suggest.

Here is a scan of what I checked:

So, if I understand what you mean, my module is up to date? But there seems to be an update (0.1.7.2.0) for DVB-HD T2/C/S2-T2/C available in the B&O website. Can I use it?

What is the difference with a DVB HD T/C and a T2/C? 

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 09-04-2011 6:37 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

EdouardG:

So, if I understand what you mean, my module is up to date?
    But there seems to be an update (0.1.7.2.0) for DVB-HD T2/C/S2-T2/C available in the B&O website.
    Can I use it?

What is the difference with a DVB HD T/C and a T2/C? 

@1: If this SW is available from the B&O Site, of course.
           (As long as this version was not officially released is has been a "Service Software" to solve some issues)

@2: A different broadcasting standard and a further developmet for HD-DVB-Terrestrial.
           Although it is possible to broadcast terrestrial HD-TV in DVB-T standard many European broadcasting
           stations (well at least here in Central Europe)  plan to introduce terrestrial HD broadcasting based 
           on the DVB-T2 standard.

• 09-05-2011 3:40 AM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Vienna:

EdouardG:

But there seems to be an update (0.1.7.2.0) for DVB-HD T2/C/S2-T2/C available in the B&O website.
    Can I use it?

@1: If this SW is available from the B&O Site, of course.
           (As long as this version was not officially released is has been a "Service Software" to solve some issues)

@2: A different broadcasting standard and a further developmet for HD-DVB-Terrestrial.
           Although it is possible to broadcast terrestrial HD-TV in DVB-T standard many European broadcasting
           stations (well at least here in Central Europe)  plan to introduce terrestrial HD broadcasting based 
           on the DVB-T2 standard.

Very interesting Vienna, thanks!

In the B&O website, they indicate the 0.1.7.2.0 update is for DVB-HD T2/C/S2-T2/C, as I see T2/C, does it mean I can use it for my DVB HD T2/C module?

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 09-05-2011 4:45 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

EdouardG:

In the B&O website, they indicate the 0.1.7.2.0 update is for DVB-HD T2/C/S2-T2/C, as I see T2/C, does it mean I can use it for my DVB HD T2/C module?

YES! Both HD-DVB-MKIII modules require the same 0.1.7.2.0 files.

Just as an additional info,

the  DVB-HD T2/C/S2 will handle the following DVB standards:
    Terrestrial  - DVB-T, DVB-T2
    Cable         - DVB-C
    Sat            - DVB-S, DVB-S2

whereas a  DVB-HD T2/C will process only the following DVB standards:
    Cable         - DVB-C
    Sat            - NONE

• 09-05-2011 4:52 AM In reply to

Hi EdouardG,

so if you have the DVD-HD T2/C module, you have to copy the following files on usb stick:

- 6023init.txt

- 9100357_SW_DVB_HD_MODULE_10_01.720.fpkg

With these files the update should work finally.

/Räuber

• 09-05-2011 7:11 AM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Vienna:

EdouardG:

YES! Both HD-DVB-MKIII modules require the same 0.1.7.2.0 files.

Just as an additional info,

the  DVB-HD T2/C/S2 will handle the following DVB standards:
    Cable         - DVB-C
    Sat            - DVB-S, DVB-S2

whereas a  DVB-HD T2/C will process only the following DVB standards:
    Cable         - DVB-C
    Sat            - NONE

Raeuber:

Hi EdouardG,

so if you have the DVD-HD T2/C module, you have to copy the following files on usb stick:

- 6023init.txt

- 9100357_SW_DVB_HD_MODULE_10_01.720.fpkg

With these files the update should work finally.

/Räuber

It finally worked with DVB-HD T2/C software update 0.1.7.2.0!
    I did what Raeuber advised me putting the USB stick quitting Stand-by mode by pressing DTV....and the green screen appeared!
    I removed the usb stick and restarted the tv.
    Now, the sw version indicates 0.1.7.2 instead of 0.1.6.4 as before.
    Thanks a lot for your very helpful help!
    Have a nice day.

E d o u a r d  G

• Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

• 09-05-2011 7:21 AM In reply to

Yeah, this was a really hard job!

You are welcome!

Cheers

Räuber
Page 1 of 1 (25 items)