in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-10-2011 3:31 AM by folkdeejay. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-02-2011 6:07 PM

Crazy

This probably will be sold for 75 euro's incl. furniture, crazy! Wish I had some space..

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 09-02-2011 8:48 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Crazy

Unfortunately it is probably a little overpriced.

There are dozens of these on ebay going unsold as no one wants CRT TV's any more. I have often toyed with buying one or two myself but the really poor tube reliability with the BV3's & Avants means they aren't even worth collecting from people giving them away. I see plenty going unsold at 99p start in the UK & I'm sure many sellers simply want someone to buy them to save them the trouble of taking them to the dump/tip.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 09-03-2011 1:11 AM In reply to

Medogsfat:

Really Chris? Thought this was a super bargain, honestly. Still it's "crazy" for what people have paid at that time and what it is worth now!

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 09-03-2011 4:40 AM In reply to

Medogsfat:
    I have often toyed with buying one or two myself but the really poor tube reliability with the BV3's & Avants means they aren't even worth collecting from people giving them away.

They are far from that cheap over here, but I have skipped plenty of (locally) good deals for that exact reason. I don't want to bother my friends every month to help carry those dinosaurs up & down the stairs to 4th floor.

Which is why I'm now using an MX2000 - and I'm seriously considering keeping it as that, since after I moved this summer, I have fallen in love with empty space. Besides, it has a far superior picture to the MX6000 and LX6000 I have in storage...

-mika

• 09-03-2011 5:11 AM In reply to

Medogsfat:

There are dozens of these on ebay going unsold as no one wants CRT TV's any more. I have often toyed with buying one or two myself but the really poor tube reliability with the BV3's & Avants means they aren't even worth collecting from people giving them away. I see plenty going unsold at 99p start in the UK & I'm sure many sellers simply want someone to buy them to save them the trouble of taking them to the dump/tip.

Chris.

Correct Chris, you can't give 'em away over here.

I stopped dealing with CRT's well over a year ago. They had been a liability for some time.

I do remember pointing this out at the time but nobody took any notice. In fact I seem to remember getting a load of flack at the time!!

Regards Graham

• 09-03-2011 1:31 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

joeyboygolf:

Medogsfat:

Chris.

I stopped dealing with CRT's well over a year ago. They had been a liability for some time.

I do remember pointing this out at the time but nobody took any notice. In fact I seem to remember getting a load of flack at the time!!

Pass me the humble pie Graham - an extra large slice for meEmbarrassed

In fairness though I had a 32" Avant given & it served me really well for the best part of 3 years - I really did rate that TV very highly.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 09-03-2011 4:04 PM In reply to

Medogsfat:

joeyboygolf:

Medogsfat:

Chris.

Pass me the humble pie Graham - an extra large slice for meEmbarrassed

In fairness though I had a 32" Avant given & it served me really well for the best part of 3 years - I really did that TV very highly.

Chris.

I don't hold it against you Chris!Cool

Regards Graham

• 09-10-2011 3:31 AM In reply to

I recently bought an avant 32 with DVD1 and MINT Beo4 (dvd version)  for UK130.  This is for use in a secondary room , mainly by the (teenage) kids with a digibox and consoles...sound & picture are great, it controls SKY and they can play the vcr's from their childhood.

the avant has truly  superb sound, it sits snugly in a corner and was maybe 20% the price of a new high street LED/furniture/dvd combo.  If it lasts 3 years, that is just over £1 a week.

bargain......  all because people want to buy flat panels....even if they are rubbish in comparison.  When used in a corner, they take up the same space.

Lucky us, I say - hoover up the unwanted crt's for a few ££'s before they all get thrown out.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)