in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-03-2011 6:51 AM by Guy1680. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-02-2011 4:56 PM

• CJM1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-01-2011
    • Posts 35
    • Bronze Member

Beo4 Problem?

i was checking to see if everything works correctly on my Beo4 remote. i used a camera to see the infra red flashing on the remote. every button works apart from the Menu button? is this a problem? or is it supposed not to flash when you press Menu. the screen is showing TV. im worried about this cause im getting a Beovision very soon! Unsure

• 09-02-2011 7:22 PM In reply to

Re: Beo4 Problem?

since your planing on using a BeoVision, I'm assuming you don't have one. So I'm assuming then you only own an audio master. If thats the case you really won't have much use of the menu button till you get a BeoVision. The menu button activates the television overlay and customer adjustment menus on BeoVisions. You will never see menu in the lcd of the Beo4 itself when pressing it. If it's operating your current equipment and will change to a video command such as DTV, TV or V.Mem on the lcd of your Beo4. Then you should be good to go. Or take it with you next time you visit your dealer and try in their shop. 

BV7-40 MKIV, BeoVision Avant 32, BeoVision 8-32, BeoLab Penta MKIII, BeoLab 6000 x 3, BeoSound 9000 MKIII, BeoLab 7-4, BeoSound 4000, BeoPort, BeoVox S45-2, ML/MCL Convertors, A8's & Form 2's. 

• 09-03-2011 5:23 AM In reply to

• CJM1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-01-2011
    • Posts 35
    • Bronze Member

as i said. i used a camera to see the infra red flashing at the top of the remote. all buttons were flashing except for the menu button. is it supposed to flash or will it only start flashing when the remote recognises a television?

• 09-03-2011 5:43 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

CJM1:
    or will it only start flashing when the remote recognises a television?

Since Beo 4 is one way = just sending IR commands, it can never "recognise" componets.

Pressing "MENU" should always lead to a "flash" in the display of your digicam.
    (no matter what audio or video source has been selected and is displayed by the Beo4)

• 09-03-2011 6:51 AM In reply to

• Guy1680
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-18-2007
    • Viborg, Denmark
    • Posts 104
    • Gold Member

I just checked - my Beo4 does flash when you press the menu button.

In my experience of other B&O kit, there could be a problem with the pcb 'dome foil' against which the rubber buttons press.  Possibly worth checking with a dealer first.  Have you checked the batteries ? (Although of course other buttons should not work if they are dead)

Hope this helps!

Guy

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)