in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-03-2011 7:20 AM by tompa. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-01-2011 8:48 AM

HDMI and Masterlink

Hello,

it is well known that there are some restrictions with HDMI sources connected to a main room Beovision and using these sources in link rooms via masterlink and antenna cable. I have some questions regarding a BV 7 in main room and another Beovision (p.e. BV 10) in link room:

1. The internal HD module and the internal Blueray player are also HDMI sources. Can I watch tv and blurays from a BV 7 in link room on a BV 10 (of course not HD, but SD)?

2. If I connect an Apple TV 2 and a digital receiver to the HDMI sockets of BV 7, I assume  that I cannot watch videos from these sources in link room. Is this correct? But can I hear audio in link rooms via masterlink?

3. I also have a beolink passive connected via masterlink. Can I hear all above mentioned internal and external sources with my speakers connected to beolink passive?

Thanks for your replies.

Regards

Räuber 

• 09-01-2011 12:05 PM In reply to

Re: HDMI and Masterlink

Although i have just a Samsung on a link room, i can do 1&3 of the above from my main BV7 on my living room. I watch my HD Sat by using V.MEM, my external Blu-Ray with DVD2 command on my BEO4. I can here music from the Pasiive speakers i have connected to  my Masterlinked Beolink Passive. So all is done easily. I am sure that with a BV10 as link TV it will be the same

I cannot help you on Q2 i am afraid because i do not own ATV2.

Hope this helps. Smile

-Dimitris

• 09-01-2011 12:47 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

@ 2.

A smaller 2x2 (4x4) Atlona Switch + Cat 7 cables + Activation keys for both BeoVisions would solve this issue perfectly in HD. 

• 09-01-2011 1:04 PM In reply to

Hi Dimitris,

thanks for your reply.

But you can watch HD Sat and external Bluray player in your link room, although these sources are only connected via HDMI (not via Scart) to your BV 7? Can't believe it!

Regards

Räuber
  • 09-02-2011 4:05 AM In reply to

Hmmmm now that you say it, I also have scart for the HD SAT, because I had no sound on my BV7 when not 5.1 was given by the transmitted program. You are right! I hadn't think of it though!!

-Dimitris

• 09-02-2011 4:49 AM In reply to

And what's about your external Bluray player, is this also connected via scart to your BV 7? If only connected via HDMI, it should not be possible to watch bluerays in link room.

What happens if you disconnect scart of your HD Sat, can you hear the sound in your link room?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

Räuber

• 09-02-2011 1:12 PM In reply to

Yes I can hear sound when disconnecting the Scart. And yes, the bluray was connected again with scart, only when my wife wanted to see Blu-ray on the link TV.

-Dimitris

• 09-02-2011 2:31 PM In reply to

Hi Dimitris,

thank you very much, this is exactly what I have suspected.

Summary: You get with a BV 7 in main room on another TV in a link room:

- Video and audio, if sources are connected via scart (video in SD),

- Audio only, if sources are connected (only) via HDMI,

- Audio and video from the internal sources of BV 7 (HD module and Blueray player), but video only in SD.

Regards

Räuber
  • 09-03-2011 3:52 AM In reply to

That's somehow a bit of a joke - hopefully things will change with new Beonet because otherwise link-connection - I mean WITHOUT HD-signal - isn't worth doing it

Regards Elmar

• 09-03-2011 7:20 AM In reply to

• tompa
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-30-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 94
    • Bronze Member

Wat is the joke??

Because third party products don´t solve this ??

If you have a beovision 7 with build in blueray and settopbox you can link this to link room thru antenna system as always, but only in SD quality of cource (tuner in link tv and modulator in antenna system are analog device)

the reason why blueray player don´t send both HDMI and composite it´s legal reason (Don´t ask me why) but that is the fact!

you can use for example Atlon AT-HD530 HDMI - composite downscaler for ATV MacMini and other sources with HDMI but without HDCP

protection to get picture and sound in linkroom

And if you want HD quality in linkroom you have 2 possibilities:

1. install separate blueray and settop boxes on each linkroom tv

2. install Beonet cabling (CAT7x2) to each link room from atlona Matrix 4x4/8x8 depend on how many sources and linkroom

/Tompa

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)