in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-03-2011 5:36 PM by tc. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-01-2011 8:12 AM

• KMA
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-13-2007
    • Posts 101
    • Silver Member

B&O Copycat...

This design "borrows" heavily from BeoSound 3:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/31/revo-k2-is-a-mountainous-slab-of-music-blasting-aluminum/

I wonder what B&O thinks about it?

KMA

Current setup: BeoVision 10-46 (grey speaker cover, AR, motorized stand) with Apple TV 2 (FireCore), Sony BDP-S780, Mac Mini, BeoLab 11 (silver), Beo5, BeoSound 8 (red speaker covers). Accessories: A8 Earphones, wine bottle coasters.

B&O product history, in chronological order since 1990, after the onset of the treaded BeoVirus (I tend to upgrade/change my setup "infrequently"): BeoSystem 2500 (with blue speaker covers), BeoLink 5000, BeoSystem 7000 (complete; silver/black), BeoLink 7000, RedLine 60.2, BeoVox Penta, BeoVision MX4000 (black, motorized floor stand), BeoCord VX5000 (black), BeoSystem 4500 (complete), BeoCenter 9500, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoVision Avant (original, 28" AR, VHS, green), BeoCenter 2300, BeoVision 3-32 (grey speaker frame, AR, motorised cabinet), DVD1 (grey), BeoCord V8000 (grey), Beo4, BeoSound Ouverture (w/ floor cabinet stand), BeoVision Avant RF (grey, 32", AR, VHS), BeoSound 9000, BeoCenter AV5 (blue), BeoVision 1 (yellow, motorized floor stand), Beo1, BeoSound Century (yellow), BeoCenter 1 (blue, AR, motorized floor stand), BeoSound 1 (silver, floor stand), BeoVision Avant RF DVD (grey, 32", AR), BeoVision 7-32 MkI (AR, motorized floor stand), BeoLab 3 (black), BeoSound 2, BeoVision 10-40 (grey speaker cover, AR, motorized stand).

• 09-01-2011 8:47 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Re: B&O Copycat...

I wish i had bought one of those instead of the 3. Does twice as much for half the priceErm

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 09-01-2011 4:57 PM In reply to

Chris:

I wish i had bought one of those instead of the 3. Does twice as much for half the priceErm

Mee too!

Can I excange mine please???

It's not good for much than radio these days... 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 09-02-2011 3:58 AM In reply to

Very nice, and complete integration of all audio sources available today, the irony is that the original BeoSound 3 concept had a visible display, instead of the chosen BeoSound 1 display.

The other irony is that they are probably using ICE Power amplifier modules..Big Smile

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 09-02-2011 4:17 AM In reply to

Wow - I completely disagree, I love my beosound 3. In my opinion it is probably one of the most genuine recent B&O products that screams out quality, class and built to last for years and years.

I've never known B&O to claim to have the latest technology or try and get every feature they can fit in, but what it does, it does really well.  Look at the plastic nature of the Revo K2 - why would that appeal to a B&O fan? 

Also, there is little use arguing between the cost for B&O against most other brands. I'm sure buying the Revo K2 will not bring with it the wealth of support and after care service that B&O dealers provide.

There is always a premium to pay for good service, for B&O that is built into their products.  The only downside for me is when the products just aren't up to standard, Beocom5 for instance.

• 09-02-2011 4:45 AM In reply to

Reading comments on Engadget never fails to destroy my remaining faith in mankind.

-mika

• 09-02-2011 5:30 AM In reply to

• KMA
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-13-2007
    • Posts 101
    • Silver Member

tournedos:

Reading comments on Engadget never fails to destroy my remaining faith in mankind.

Couldn't agree with you more!

KMA

Current setup: BeoVision 10-46 (grey speaker cover, AR, motorized stand) with Apple TV 2 (FireCore), Sony BDP-S780, Mac Mini, BeoLab 11 (silver), Beo5, BeoSound 8 (red speaker covers). Accessories: A8 Earphones, wine bottle coasters.

B&O product history, in chronological order since 1990, after the onset of the treaded BeoVirus (I tend to upgrade/change my setup "infrequently"): BeoSystem 2500 (with blue speaker covers), BeoLink 5000, BeoSystem 7000 (complete; silver/black), BeoLink 7000, RedLine 60.2, BeoVox Penta, BeoVision MX4000 (black, motorized floor stand), BeoCord VX5000 (black), BeoSystem 4500 (complete), BeoCenter 9500, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoVision Avant (original, 28" AR, VHS, green), BeoCenter 2300, BeoVision 3-32 (grey speaker frame, AR, motorised cabinet), DVD1 (grey), BeoCord V8000 (grey), Beo4, BeoSound Ouverture (w/ floor cabinet stand), BeoVision Avant RF (grey, 32", AR, VHS), BeoSound 9000, BeoCenter AV5 (blue), BeoVision 1 (yellow, motorized floor stand), Beo1, BeoSound Century (yellow), BeoCenter 1 (blue, AR, motorized floor stand), BeoSound 1 (silver, floor stand), BeoVision Avant RF DVD (grey, 32", AR), BeoVision 7-32 MkI (AR, motorized floor stand), BeoLab 3 (black), BeoSound 2, BeoVision 10-40 (grey speaker cover, AR, motorized stand).

• 09-02-2011 5:48 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

KMA:

I wonder what B&O thinks about it?

Dunno, but it looks like a Beosound 3 MKII and, frankly, shows why B&O should look at keeping their products updated.

I like (I don't love) my Beosound 3, but I would like some extra functionality. The facility to draw down internet radio would be good. You can only get FM on the BS3, which means I can't play Radio 5 (or Xtra), as an example.

I'd also like to be able control from my Beo 4, so I can mute it quickly.

I do prefer the LCD on this Revo device.

• 09-02-2011 6:36 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

I don't like it for the simple reason that they couldn't come up with their own design.

Its been done already by a much better company. Can't stand boring copy copycats!

Durban South Africa

• 09-02-2011 6:45 AM In reply to

• KMA
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-13-2007
    • Posts 101
    • Silver Member

BenSA:

I don't like it for the simple reason that they couldn't come up with their own design.

Its been done already by a much better company. Can't stand boring copy copycats!

My sentiments exactly.

If I needed a portable radio, I would buy BeoSound 3 over this copy. However -- and not wanting to go into the AirPlay debate -- I would like B&O to add functions to BeoSound 3, for example AirPlay, so I could have the music on the i-device (Phone or Pad), which is always with me with up-to-date music library, and play it through BeoSound 3. I do not like the need of a separate SD card as an additional music storage. Oh, and I don't like wires, so wired 3,5mm plug from iPhone to BeoSound 3 would not float my boat.

KMA

• 09-02-2011 9:56 AM In reply to

KMA:

BenSA:

My sentiments exactly.

If I needed a portable radio, I would buy BeoSound 3 over this copy. However -- and not wanting to go into the AirPlay debate -- I would like B&O to add functions to BeoSound 3, for example AirPlay, so I could have the music on the i-device (Phone or Pad), which is always with me with up-to-date music library, and play it through BeoSound 3. I do not like the need of a separate SD card as an additional music storage. Oh, and I don't like wires, so wired 3,5mm plug from iPhone to BeoSound 3 would not float my boat.

Agreed, besides the Beosound 3 is much better looking if you ask me.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 09-02-2011 11:48 AM In reply to

KMA:
    I would like B&O to add functions to BeoSound 3, for example AirPlay, so I could have the music on the i-device (Phone or Pad), which is always with me with up-to-date music library, and play it through BeoSound 3. I do not like the need of a separate SD card as an additional music storage. Oh, and I don't like wires, so wired 3,5mm plug from iPhone to BeoSound 3 would not float my boat.

You could of course turn on the excellent quality stereo FM transmitter in your N***a and play internet radio stations or other content from it wirelessly through any old B&O radio Whistle

-mika

• 09-02-2011 12:01 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

This is from 1965......UHUUMMM

http://www.connox.com/categories/electronics/radio/brionvega-skyscraper-radio.html

Whistle

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 09-02-2011 12:40 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Chris:

http://www.connox.com/categories/electronics/radio/brionvega-skyscraper-radio.html

Whistle

LaughingLaughingLaughing. Classic!

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 09-03-2011 5:36 PM In reply to

• tc
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-25-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 18
    • Bronze Member

Stonk:

Chris:

Whistle

LaughingLaughingLaughing. Classic!

And the Beosound 8 as wellSmile

http://www.connox.com/categories/electronics/radio/brionvega-radiofonografo-rr226.html

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)