in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-31-2011 8:09 AM by Dillen. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-29-2011 9:00 PM

Master Control question

Ok guys here is another question that I hope you all can shed a beaming light, every function I attempt to do gives me a pitching sound through the speakers, any one have any idea what this might be?

• 08-30-2011 3:44 AM In reply to

Re: Master Control question

Sorry, but with this initial data it's impossible to say anything except that you possibly need an exorcist Smile

So: what exactly do you have, how is it connected, and what are you trying to do?

-mika

• 08-30-2011 9:46 PM In reply to

Ha,.. good point, I have a BeoMaster 5500 with BeoGram 5500 and thus the Master control, it is also paired with B&O pentas Passive MK1, the question is... every time I push a button in the master control I get this high pitch sound through the speakers for the first initial 3 to 5 seconds and then it goes away, specially if I try to lower or up the volume.

• 08-31-2011 7:47 AM In reply to

Hmm... probably some internal data signal bleeding into audio. I suppose the coming and going of the sound corresponds to the display changing on the Beomaster?

I can actually hear some bleeps and buzzes on my BM6500 if I select an unused source and crank up the volume near to max.

Now what to do about it, I dunno... is it on radio as well or just the Beogram? In the latter case, I guess it could be a bad ground in the connecting cable.

-mika

• 08-31-2011 8:09 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

I agree it sounds like a bad decoupling of the supply to the digitally controlled volume/tone controls.
    Replace capacitors on the processor board and also the small 10uF and 22uF ones between the mains
    transformer and the regulators in the power supply section.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)