in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-08-2012 5:32 PM by 9 LEE. 88 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-14-2011 5:53 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Struer Trip 2012 - Winners!

I'm finalising all of this over the weekend and will be in touch with everyone after the weekend.

Jette (the organiser at B&O) has been on holiday.

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 09-14-2011 9:10 AM In reply to

• quader
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-03-2007
    • West Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 89
    • Gold Member

Hi Lee

could this trip be organised for individuals who would like the experience of this visit to B&O ?

• 09-14-2011 10:56 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

quader:

Hi Lee

could this trip be organised for individuals who would like the experience of this visit to B&O ?

Unsure

Hi - yes, it already has been. 

This is a very special customised trip for BeoWorld, but I've heard that B&O do factory tours during the summer. It's a standard tour, but it'll be informative i'm sure.

Smile

• 09-29-2011 4:54 PM In reply to

9 LEE:

I'm finalising all of this over the weekend and will be in touch with everyone after the weekend.

Jette (the organiser at B&O) has been on holiday.

Lee

Smile

Did I miss your email (9-29-2011)?

• 09-29-2011 5:19 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Nope - I'm just sending an 'update' now..  Wink

Lee

• 10-30-2011 2:35 AM In reply to

A bump ... starting to plan for the trip - coming from Down Under means it is a major commitment of expenses, time (and body fatigue - 24 hours each way in a tin cylinder), and so we want to maximise the value.

At first we thought we would fly into Frankfurt, but we have discovered that our friends are going to be in Paris and Lille the preceeding week, so now the start of our trip is begining to look like this ... any suggestions on where to go after Struer ? Clearly Copenhagen - but then Stockholm (a long way & back for what purpose?), Berlin (no Love Parade this year so I don't get to scratch my Techno itch Laughing), .... Hmm hmmmmm

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-30-2011 2:08 PM In reply to

elephant:
    Stockholm (a long way & back for what purpose?), Berlin (no Love Parade this year so I don't get to scratch my Techno itch Laughing), .... Hmm hmmmmm

Some years ago I went with my wife to Soderkoping Brunns hotel, its a 5-6 hours drive from Cph., romantic just up to Gota Kanal, we came there a Friday stayed until Monday, the hotel is old, but at that time very good service and restaurant, we did some bicicle rides in the "city" and along Gota Kanal, the hotel provides bikes for free. On monday we left for Stockholm 2 hour drive, hotel in the center and we went to the old Stockholm (Gamla Stan) went around to different museums on Djurgarden. On Nybrokajen you will find tourist boat trips to Skaergarden, and speed ferrys going a fast round trip to the island, 3 days Stockholm, it was really worth it.

If your time is limited, Berlin is a must see, there is still parts of the old East Berlin to see, and the whole city is in an ever ongoing rebuilding, modernizing and evulution, get in to the center, hotel, drop the car and use local trans. first thing a citytour by one of busses, to orientacion and to select things to see.

On the way back to Paris, at least one night in Heidelberg is a must.

So now use your browser and decide, Navigare Necesse Est, (I think its more or less right)Laughing

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 10-30-2011 2:58 PM In reply to

elephant:
    Clearly Copenhagen - but then Stockholm (a long way & back for what purpose?

I both love Copenhagen and Stockholm. Suggest you visit both. Smile

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 10-30-2011 8:47 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Søren Mexico:
    there is still parts of the old East Berlin to see, and the whole city is in an ever ongoing rebuilding, modernizing and evulution, get in to the center, hotel, drop the car and use local trans.

If in East Berlin, skip the local transport and opt for one of these!

Evan

• 10-31-2011 5:20 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

So, if there's still a place for 2 more persons (me and my girlfriend), I would like to meet you guys in Struer!

Oh, and I recenlty renewed my membership and upgraded to gold! Big Smile 

• 10-31-2011 6:00 AM In reply to

No updates recently Lee?

Or have you gone to my Spam? I did get the list of the rooms and prices, was that the last update?

Really looking forward to this trip!!!

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 10-31-2011 1:15 PM In reply to

Have you ever heard about the Cathedral of Cologne? For someone who formerly lived there there is not that much else to see but if you are able to make it to Cologne or even close to it think about having a look around. 

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 10-31-2011 1:38 PM In reply to

Larskoelle:
    Have you ever heard about the Cathedral of Cologne?
    Larskoelle:

Have you ever heard about the Cathedral of Cologne? For someone who formerly lived there there is not that much else to see but if you are able to make it to Cologne or even close to it think about having a look around. 

Is that in Germany?Whistle Better go to the place where I live, we also have a nice cathedral (sint Jan).

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 10-31-2011 2:50 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

bayerische:

No updates recently Lee?

Or have you gone to my Spam? I did get the list of the rooms and prices, was that the last update?

Just for the record, the trip is 100% ON - no doubts at all.

I've got the info i needed from B&O, and when i get time this week i'll email everyone.  Sorry - it's manic at the moment and i'm not getting any free time to do the important stuff on BeoWorld!!

Lee

Sad

• 10-31-2011 4:54 PM In reply to

Hi Lee, 

I hope it´s all about good running business ;-) At least the flights from Germany are pretty stable so the prize will not change dramaticly during time. 

Just one question. As my "face-remembering-ability" is lets say limited would it be an option to have some name stickers etc for all of us? 

Thanks a lot! 

Lars

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Thank you

• 10-31-2011 6:07 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

9 LEE:

bayerische:

No updates recently Lee?

Just for the record, the trip is 100% ON - no doubts at all.

I've got the info i needed from B&O, and when i get time this week i'll email everyone.  Sorry - it's manic at the moment and i'm not getting any free time to do the important stuff on BeoWorld!!

Lee

Sad

i´m still wondering who limited this trip to twenty people....? Beo or Beoworld?

And why? I know from the trip in 2007 that there is enough "space" for a hundred people at Beo Struer and even in this nice Kro in Venø.

We had a bus for fifty people and we were 27...See Andys foto thread and you will see 50 - 60 people will be no problem.

The "Grand Hotel" in Struer is  large enough, and you will also find "bed and breakfast" for example in Humlum near Struer...

Stefan

• 10-31-2011 6:19 PM In reply to

Hi Stefan, 

I do not have a clue but I would rather say it is what it is. 

There might be some reasons we all do not know. It was a draw for a number of tickets and some won a ticket some did not. It is the same the the prize draw tonight. I did not made it for the BEO5 or all the other great prizes but hej, that s it sometimes you are a lucky winner sometimes you are lucky to live your life like you do it currently. 

Thank you

• 11-01-2011 1:17 PM In reply to

I am sure B&O could do a factory tour for 50 - but if you get anything like what Lee and I experienced earlier this year, that would be impossible. B&O seem to be particularly friendly towards BeoWorld at the moment and I am sure that it will be a very special trip. I am sure there will be future trips for those not lucky enough this time.

• 11-01-2011 5:18 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Larskoelle:

Hi Stefan, 

There might be some reasons we all do not know. 

Thanks for reply. But I am not quilte sure, whether it Will anser my questions.....

Stefan

• 11-01-2011 5:29 PM In reply to

stefan:

Larskoelle:

Hi Stefan, 

There might be some reasons we all do not know. 

Thanks for reply. But I am not quilte sure, whether it Will anser my questions.....

Stefan

Hi Stefan, 

Yes, you are right. It does not answer your questions. That is because I do not know the answer. I just want to avoid a discussion like we have had here before regarding the draw itself. The rules & regulations etc. 

As I wrote in the part you did not quote it is either you have luck or not. 

sry, 

lars

Thank you

• 11-01-2011 5:31 PM In reply to

Thanks Lee! Yes -  thumbs up

Looking forward to it.

Well limiting to 20 people I think is a wise idea, since EVERYONE is always "attending" at first, but in the end a lot of people "can't make it".

I'm not saying this will be the case this time, but you have to prepare for these things. I doubt a hundred beoworlders would show up in Struer.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 11-01-2011 5:34 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Peter :

I am sure B&O could do a factory tour for 50 - but if you get anything like what Lee and I experienced earlier this year, that would be impossible. B&O seem to be particularly friendly towards BeoWorld at the moment and I am sure that it will be a very special trip. I am sure there will be future trips for those not lucky enough this time.

Yes, I'm sure too. Last time the group was divided in smaller groups for special events. Could also be done in2012, I Think....?

Can you tell us a bit more about yours and Lee's experience in Stuer?

Stefan

• 11-01-2011 5:38 PM In reply to

Elephant,

Are you considering a road trip throughout Europe or will you just hop on hop off planes. Copenhagen - Stockholm has perfect flight connections. But when you are in Stokcholm you might want to go to Helsinki as well, or the Baltics, or Russia? I live in Sweden and Stockholm is an amazing city, but Italy is also very nice to have a stop over. All I am saying, Europe has a a lot to offer.

Being Dutch and always and still impressed by quality of life and tempus/tempo of life in the Nordics I am affraid that that will not make or break it for you coming from a country which is (in my perception) relaxed and with plenty of space for all Big Smile

Not sure how long it advance you will be travelling but Queensday in Holland (and especially Amsterdam) is great. 30th of April, 1 million people all over Amsterdam having a 24H dance-party. And you're allowed to drink on the streets and in parks with friends and family. To me normal, but to my Swedish friends an absolute eye-opener.

BS9000, Beolab 3000, Beocenter 7002, RL60.2, beo4, BV10

• 11-02-2011 5:25 AM In reply to

If you come to Helsinki give me a heads up! Yes -  thumbs up

-Andreas

• 11-03-2011 12:23 AM In reply to

Ferdinand:

Not sure how long it advance you will be travelling but Queensday in Holland (and especially Amsterdam) is great. 30th of April, 1 million people all over Amsterdam having a 24H dance-party. And you're allowed to drink on the streets and in parks with friends and family. To me normal, but to my Swedish friends an absolute eye-opener.

Not my cup of tea but most people seem to like this. If you decide to come to Holland, just let me know Smile

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

Page 3 of 4 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >