in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-08-2012 5:32 PM by 9 LEE. 88 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-29-2011 4:44 AM In reply to

Re: Struer Trip 2012 - Winners!

9 LEE:

Llewelyn:

A bit gutted I missed out on this (especially since I was one of the first to reply to the original thread regarding this) ....

Llewelyn, I'm very sorry you feel this way - and to be honest I'd be feeling the same.  Please don't let this sour your view of BeoWorld - plenty more people will be disappointed too.

If it was done on a "first reply, first served" basis could you imagine the uproar?! Especially with all the different time zones, this being a worldwide site and all that.

Imagine if you had been on holiday/working/busy/sleeping - only to find you'd missed out as you hadn't been online at the right time, thus missing out.. 

I think this was the fairest way to do it, really. I did give it a lot of consideration - and the totally random drawings from all entrants were the fairest way for all concerned.  I didn't give any priority to levels of membership, posts made or location - it was all totally random, the best i could do. Sad

Lee

hi lee,

aint sure if stratified random sampling was a better way do to do it. stratification at best could be at the continent level. more specifically region wise. APIMEA and so on.......   

if members are in agreement to the same and if the statification process is not very tedious the same could be applied to the monthly prize draw as well.

imho this would have equal representation from all the continents. needless to mention the probability of selection would be dictated by the number of members (N) in the stratified unit.  

cheers

pattabhi

• 08-29-2011 5:24 AM In reply to

Pattabhiraman:

aint sure if stratified random sampling was a better way do to do it. stratification at best could be at the continent level. more specifically region wise. APIMEA and so on.......   

if members are in agreement to the same and if the statification process is not very tedious the same could be applied to the monthly prize draw as well.

imho this would have equal representation from all the continents. needless to mention the probability of selection would be dictated by the number of members (N) in the stratified unit.  

Sorry but I disagree 100.0%. Why should anybody have more (or less) chance of winning just because he happens to live in a certain place? Totally unfair to everybody.

-mika

• 08-29-2011 5:25 AM In reply to

Congrats to all!!!!...but still no luck for me in prize draws.....
  • 08-29-2011 5:33 AM In reply to

@ tournedos, beeing a winnner I should not say to much regarding the discussion going on. But I totally agree to what you have said. Each ticket for the prize draws should have the same weight, there comes no reason to my mind why that should be changed. It is not the country, the region or the city which might win, it is the individual person behind the nicknames @beoworld. 

@ mr_anders_son, I am sorry to hear that, but I honestly believe your time will come! And you know what? We will celebrate your win a lot! ;-)

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 08-29-2011 6:12 AM In reply to

tournedos:

Pattabhiraman:

Sorry but I disagree 100.0%. Why should anybody have more (or less) chance of winning just because he happens to live in a certain place? Totally unfair to everybody.

Indeed...

What if I was the only one registered on, say Antartica?

Would I win every time?

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 08-29-2011 9:08 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

bayerische:

tournedos:

Pattabhiraman:

Indeed...

Would I win every time?

No, not Antartica! May I suggest a move to the tiny town of Kifuka in Congo? Whistle

http://www.wondermondo.com/Countries/Af/CongoDR/SudKivu/Kifuka.htm

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 08-29-2011 9:42 AM In reply to

Daniel:

bayerische:

tournedos:

Pattabhiraman:

Indeed...

Would I win every time?

No, not Antartica! May I suggest a move to the tiny town of Kifuka in Congo? Whistle

very well bayerische is closer to this habitat and you cannot stake claim (taking cues from the earlier post and the incidence of lightning in the congo basin) Smile 

jokes apart yes one has to be honest in registering where they exactly belong to.  my methodology was towards addressing equal representation of geographies (read continent) to say the least. by virtue of this you are eliminating the sheer size effect of beoworlders from a particularly geography and spreading it more wider. please dont mistake me this is just a suggestion towards capturing enough variability/experiences.

sorry if i am talking stochastic processes here (fallout of my profession)

cheers

pattabhi

• 08-29-2011 1:11 PM In reply to

Hi there,

I am pretty new to this site. Just stumbled over this thread. May I ask if there is a specific program you guys follow in Struer?

• 08-29-2011 1:47 PM In reply to

Daniel:

bayerische:

tournedos:

Pattabhiraman:

Indeed...

Would I win every time?

LaughingLaughingLaughing

Good one Daniel! 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 08-29-2011 5:39 PM In reply to

Lovely!

The golden ticket to Willy Wonkas factory!
    See you all in May! 

/Ola

• 08-29-2011 6:03 PM In reply to

Daniel:

Hm, can I arrange this? Hmm

/The guy on the reserve list.

2 places behind meStick out tongue

/5th on the reserve list

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 08-29-2011 8:17 PM In reply to

Leslie:

Daniel:

Hm, can I arrange this? Hmm

/The guy on the reserve list.

2 places behind meStick out tongue

/5th on the reserve list

I get the feeling there will be a few ..... *ahem*.... unfortunate "accidents" amongst the Beoworld fraternity between now and the Struer trip.......

AngryLightningTravelLightning

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 08-29-2011 10:08 PM In reply to

Leslie, just go up there, sneak in on the group, wear your B&O cap and Golf balls, the B&O guides will think that you are one of the group, the group will think you are a B&O employer. All B&O workers play golf. LaughingLaughing

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 08-30-2011 2:54 AM In reply to

mr_anders_son:
    Congrats to all!!!!...but still no luck for me in prize draws.....

Get in the line as well.......Stick out tongue

-Dimitris

• 08-30-2011 3:40 AM In reply to

Søren Mexico:

Leslie, just go up there, sneak in on the group, wear your B&O cap and Golf balls, the B&O guides will think that you are one of the group, the group will think you are a B&O employer. All B&O workers play golf. LaughingLaughing

Hilarious Søren, will do that. Will be there for work at that time and all expenses paid by the companyBig Smile

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 08-30-2011 4:12 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Søren Mexico:

Just say you are the CEO for this week ...

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 08-30-2011 10:13 AM In reply to

Daniel:

Søren Mexico:

Just say you are the CEO for this week ...

SurpriseStick out tongue

-Andreas

• 08-31-2011 9:51 AM In reply to

Am I right that is the first beoworlders' trip to Struer after 2007? Then I have to call myself very lucky (and happy) to join, even if I have to change my bike for logistical reasons (There is not enough time for a human powered round trip of 1400 km. I have to arrange with about 700 km by bicycle).

iPoditiv

• 08-31-2011 12:00 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Congratulations to the winners.

I've got a question: Are the winners all gold- or silver-members or standard-members, too?

• 09-01-2011 7:47 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

TWG:

I've got a question: Are the winners all gold- or silver-members or standard-members, too?

A question I was fully expecting..  I'm surprised it took this long!

To be honest, you'd have to search out each winner one by one on here on the forums to check - I've no idea which winners were at which level of membership.

That said - from a cursory check I did as the entries came in, I'd say 95% were Gold or Silver Members.  I think I spotted no more than 5 or 6 Bronze Members, but logically the people keenest to go would be the biggest enthusiasts - who are usually Silver or Gold. Makes sense I suppose.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 09-01-2011 9:27 AM In reply to

9 LEE:

TWG:

A question I was fully expecting..  I'm surprised it took this long!

To be honest, you'd have to search out each winner one by one on here on the forums to check - I've no idea which winners were at which level of membership.

That said - from a cursory check I did as the entries came in, I'd say 95% were Gold or Silver Members.  I think I spotted no more than 5 or 6 Bronze Members, but logically the people keenest to go would be the biggest enthusiasts - who are usually Silver or Gold. Makes sense I suppose.

Lee

hi TWG

12/14 places are gold; (5 among these are founder members) ; 1 each is silver and bronze; (mobileman 100) not identified in the site.  

reserve list: all are gold (1 among them is founder member)

having said i quite agree the most frequent visitors are B&o enthusiast; given the high emotive commitment most of them would be less hesitant for a 30 pound contribution for this wonderful site and thus a  gold member ( @99 % confidence interval Smile)

it thus follows while the number of bronze and silver members would outnumber gold those having paricipated for the contest would stikingly in favour of gold members. thus greater number of gold members being selected for the trip.

cheers

pattabhi 

• 09-13-2011 8:57 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

In this you should clearly have stated that it is only/primary for Gold-Members; it reads a little bit unfair now.

I was a Gold-Member, too (as the Mods can check) so I'm a little bit disappointed that there was somehow now chance to "win" while being a normal member... It leaves some kind of "taste"...

However, perhaps there's another trip possible... 

• 09-13-2011 10:09 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

TWG:

In this you should clearly have stated that it is only/primary for Gold-Members; it reads a little bit unfair now.

I was a Gold-Member, too (as the Mods can check) so I'm a little bit disappointed that there was somehow now chance to "win" while being a normal member... It leaves some kind of "taste"...

However, perhaps there's another trip possible... 

Everyone who entered the draw had an equal chance of being drawn out of the hat. It's just that the vast majority of people who entered were Gold members. It's therefore unsurprising the the majority of people drawn are also Gold members. It's not a conspiracy and there was no "weighting factor" for level of membership.

I don't know the total number of people in the draw but you had the same chance as each and every one of them.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-13-2011 2:01 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

If there was no "weight"... then everything's fine. 

• 09-14-2011 3:05 AM In reply to

Any more news / confirmation on the hotel so we can start boking flights etc?

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

Page 2 of 4 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >