in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-08-2012 5:32 PM by 9 LEE. 88 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (89 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-28-2011 8:21 AM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Struer Trip 2012 - Winners!

Okay everybody..  here we go.   It's the results of the BeoWorld 2012 Struer Trip 'Draw'

To clarify, I emailed back each and every applicant to say their entry had been received, which of course gave them assurance that they were in 'the draw'.  I received a total of 78 emails asking for a total of 114 places.

After that, i assigned each email 'application' a number.  I then went onto 'random.org' and asked for one individual number at a time, taking into account the fact that if i drew 20 numbers at once which included 15 'couples' it'd take us well over the limit !!  It was a time consuming process, but of course the only way.

I've now drawn the names - and we have a total of 20 people to announce, who will be literally getting a trip which is tailor made for the worlds biggest B&O fans on the worlds biggest B&O website – BeoWorld!  This is a real ‘behind-the-scenes’ and ‘access all areas’ (well, nearly all – I think they’d shoot us just before we crossed the idealand border..) but this is certainly a trip which the normal public would never be able to experience.

We’ve also included a total of 10 ‘reserves’ – and the rules for these are at the end of this post.

The Trip/Tour date has changed to slightly later in the same month – and will be on Tuesday May 22nd and Wednesday May 23rd 2012.

Those traveling from afar would be advised to arrive in Struer on Monday May 21st, but I will be in email contact with all attendees with hotel details in due course.

So, without further ado..  here are the names and usernames of the lucky members who will be invited to attend and are guaranteed a place if they can make it.

Mr A. Holmstrom (bayerische) – 1 Place

Mr G. Hohlbaum (hemenex) – 2 Places

Mr A. Ashar (mobileman100) – 1 Place

Mr R. Vervoort (RUDYV) – 1 Place

Mr E. Bunner (evman140) – 1 Place

Mr G. Collins (Dudley) – 2 Places

Mr G. Robbins (Large48) – 2 Places

Mr L. Ernst (larskoelle) – 1 Place

Mr M. Welborn (Malcolm) – 1 Place

Mr J. Hoejbjerg (trucker) – 1 Place

Mr J. S. Boreaux (js) – 1 Place

Mr O. Persson (ola) – 2 Places

Mr E. Greenaway (elephant) – 2 Places

Mr P. Schafer (iPoditiv) – 1 Place

Mr R. McMorran (langleyav) – 1 Place

This makes 20, and all the people above will be emailed with this confirmation.

If you are part of the above and cannot now attend, please let me know as soon as possible.

Finally, I will make a list of 10 ‘Reserves’ in case any of the ballot winners are unable to attend.  I will ask for FULL and definite confirmation from the initial 20 people, and if this cannot be given I will offer the place or places to the people on the reserve list, starting at the top and working down.

Note ;  if a ‘1 Place’ drops out, that ‘1 Place’ will be offered to the top of the reserve list as 1 place only – even if the person has requested ‘2 Places’. If it is refused, it will then be offered to the next person on the list, then the next until it is taken.

The Reserve List is as follows ;

Mr F. Brasz (Ferdinand) – 2 Places

Mr F. de Ruiter (beocool) – 1 Place

Mr C. Stene (grieg007) – 2 Places

Mr P. Sandstrom (psand) – 1 Place

Mr L. Nelwan (Leslie) – 1 Place

Mr L. Frederiksen (beolion) – 1 Place

Mr D. Sirensjo (Daniel) – 2 Places

This concludes the announcement.  I will be in touch with all of the people above by email over the next 48 hours.

Thank you for your interest, and I’m sorry everybody couldn’t come – I’d love to meet every single one of you!

Kindest Regards

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-28-2011 8:55 AM In reply to

Re: Struer Trip 2012 - Winners!

Congrats to the winners! Yes -  thumbs up Well done!

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 08-28-2011 9:53 AM In reply to

Soo cooooool!

Looking forward to this! Yes -  thumbs up

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 08-28-2011 11:00 AM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Hhhmmm...Evan can afford a trip to Denmark, but not a turntable.  Curious.  Hmm

But seriously, congrats to the winners.  I hope this becomes an annual event.  I think that by this time next summer, the Fabric Selector would be in for a trip as long as we stopped first in her ancestral home (that would be the Cork area of Ireland for those keeping score at home).

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 08-28-2011 12:45 PM In reply to

Is it possible for other BeoWorlders living "nearby" to visit the muesem at the same time as the "chosen few"?

Sure could be fun to actually meet some of you Smile

Beocenter 9300, Beogam CD50, Beocord 5500, Beomaster 3400, Beomaster 4400, 2 Beogram 4000, Beomaster 8000, 2 beogram 8002, Beovox S-75, Beovox MS150.2, Beovox RL6000, Beovox S-35, Beomaster 6000, 2 Beocord 9000, Beocord 8004, Beocord 5000, Form 1, 2x Beolink 1000, Beo4, MX3500, LS4500. Born 1993.

• 08-28-2011 12:47 PM In reply to

A bit gutted I missed out on this (especially since I was one of the first to reply to the original thread regarding this), but hey-ho. 

Congrats to the winners.

• 08-28-2011 12:51 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Oh. My. Gosh!!

Woohoo!!

I cannot wait!

Evan

• 08-28-2011 1:08 PM In reply to

hey ... can't believe this ...

A first in more than 4 1/2 years - a winner!

That'll make my first holiday since 2003 Big Smile

And some of the wed crew on line Smile

Really looking forward to this - it's still a surprise packet but that sounds perfectly interesting

Thanks alot for this opportunity,

Gunther

• 08-28-2011 1:08 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Rich:

Oh shush! Im working on it! LaughingLaughing

Evan

• 08-28-2011 1:24 PM In reply to

Hi Lee and bw-team, thanks for organising such a great trip and also thanks for taking the time to oganize the draw.

I sincerely hope that everybode is able to join, but at the same time I am happy to be 1st in line for the reserve list Laughing

So, I'll just wait and see what will come ...

Ferdinand

BS9000, Beolab 3000, Beocenter 7002, RL60.2, beo4, BV10

• 08-28-2011 1:25 PM In reply to

Søren Hammer:

Is it possible for other BeoWorlders living "nearby" to visit the muesem at the same time as the "chosen few"?

Sure could be fun to actually meet some of you Smile

Maybe Lee can arrange something "around" as those who have a decent amount of travel distance might stay e.g. for the week so there should be some possibilities to meet on Thu / Fri somewhere else.

There's surely some other things to visit once being in Struer...

Gunther

• 08-28-2011 1:29 PM In reply to

Evan:

Rich:

Oh shush! Im working on it! LaughingLaughing

Evan will be backpacking, and buy the deckLaughing

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 08-28-2011 1:35 PM In reply to

I'm definitely in, unless I get struck by lightning or an asteroid... Laughing

This is going to be excellent!!

Should dinner reservations for a large group start to be made???

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 08-28-2011 1:36 PM In reply to

• Todd
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-01-2009
    • Columbus Ohio
    • Posts 136
    • Gold Member

CONGRADULATIONS TO THE EVMANBig SmileBIG TIME!

Todd

Todd

• 08-28-2011 2:55 PM In reply to

• dudley
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-05-2007
    • Posts 8
    • Silver Member

Hi Lee can not believe our luck great news, at this moment in time we are on holiday and we are using a

shared pc in our hotel so l am reluctant to open my email account at this time but when we return to the UK

on the 03/09 we will send the email as requested.  It goes with out saying we both can not wait until May.  

And thanks again for taking the time to arrange this fantastic trip.

Dudley

• 08-28-2011 2:57 PM In reply to

lovely to have won a place, and really looking forward to meeting other lucky people

in some ways last year's event, which I missed because of work, would have been more special

yes, Struer is the Holy Grail, but there are so many fabulous Beoworlders that I would love to meet, that 20 places is not enough -- maybe 200 would have been :)

so to all my friends who have missed out, better luck next time, and let's pester Lee to organise another party !

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 08-28-2011 3:46 PM In reply to

Nice surprise, Lee

Now I am able to arrange my holiday trip to Denmark in a Danish velomobile (Leitra) ...

iPoditiv

• 08-28-2011 4:45 PM In reply to

Hi, 

I just arrived home after a wonderful weekend in my old home town Cologne ( koelle ) checking my most important websites as I am waiting for the right time sleeping a little bit. And what do I have to read, I am in, I am in at the trip to Struer! 

That makes my weekend even more special and I have to repeat what I have said before! Thank you Lee! 

Thanks!

Lars

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 08-28-2011 4:45 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Llewelyn:

A bit gutted I missed out on this (especially since I was one of the first to reply to the original thread regarding this) ....

Llewelyn, I'm very sorry you feel this way - and to be honest I'd be feeling the same.  Please don't let this sour your view of BeoWorld - plenty more people will be disappointed too.

If it was done on a "first reply, first served" basis could you imagine the uproar?! Especially with all the different time zones, this being a worldwide site and all that.

Imagine if you had been on holiday/working/busy/sleeping - only to find you'd missed out as you hadn't been online at the right time, thus missing out.. 

I think this was the fairest way to do it, really. I did give it a lot of consideration - and the totally random drawings from all entrants were the fairest way for all concerned.  I didn't give any priority to levels of membership, posts made or location - it was all totally random, the best i could do. Sad

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-28-2011 5:19 PM In reply to

9 LEE:

Llewelyn:

A bit gutted I missed out on this (especially since I was one of the first to reply to the original thread regarding this) ....

Llewelyn, I'm very sorry you feel this way - and to be honest I'd be feeling the same.  Please don't let this sour your view of BeoWorld - plenty more people will be disappointed too.

If it was done on a "first reply, first served" basis could you imagine the uproar?! Especially with all the different time zones, this being a worldwide site and all that.

Imagine if you had been on holiday/working/busy/sleeping - only to find you'd missed out as you hadn't been online at the right time, thus missing out.. 

I think this was the fairest way to do it, really. I did give it a lot of consideration - and the totally random drawings from all entrants were the fairest way for all concerned.  I didn't give any priority to levels of membership, posts made or location - it was all totally random, the best i could do. Sad

Lee

I too missed out, but there couldnt be a fairer way than what was done. I was lucky with a bargain tv a while back! So you win some you lose some!  to those that are going, enjoy! 

Cheers Nick 

• 08-28-2011 5:35 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

bayerische:

... unless I get struck by lightning or an asteroid... 

Hm, can I arrange this? Hmm

/The guy on the reserve list.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 08-28-2011 5:41 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

9 LEE:

Llewelyn:

Lee

Quote from Lee's first post in June:

"I will take a list of names well in advance and have a random ballot to decide who goes."

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/39546.aspx?PageIndex=1

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 08-28-2011 6:22 PM In reply to

• RUDYV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-31-2008
    • Belgium
    • Posts 52
    • Gold Member

Hi Lee and the Beoworld- team,

What a nice surprise.

You made my day !!!!

I'm really looking forward to this trip.

Many thanks for giving us, Beowolders, the opportunity to visit B&O and for organizing the trip.

Congratulations  to all winners !!!!

Rudy

• 08-29-2011 4:21 AM In reply to

Daniel:

bayerische:

... unless I get struck by lightning or an asteroid... 

Hm, can I arrange this? Hmm

/The guy on the reserve list.

LaughingLaughingLaughing

You got to have some great connections for sure... Big Smile

-Andreas

• 08-29-2011 4:42 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Yeah I think Lee is right, many of us left gutted but realistically we knew the odds and it is the fairest system. I hope everyone enjoys their trip and please Lee if you could possibly organise something for next year :-)

Olly.

Page 1 of 4 (89 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >