in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-27-2011 1:07 PM by ablaumeise. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2011 1:07 PM

Beolab 5000 (Amp) - Tuner/Aux connections -why reversed?!

So after fixing the power supply and the left amp I'm finally testing the Beolab.

One thing I noticed - both the AUX and Tuner connections were not working. I just assumed there was a fault in the preamp, but then I remembered that upon receiving the Beolab I had actually used the AUX-input for testing - though by using a RCA-Cable rather than a DIN one. So I used RCA again - and they both work fine. Used a needle to see if the DIN connectors would at least produce a hum - they did, but the pinout was reversed (1&4 rather than 3&5)? Checked the schematics, and that's how it's supposed to be?

Could anybody enlight me as to why exactly? I guess I just don't see the point. I don't have the matching Beomaster here right now, but as I tested it on a Beolab 1700 (which has the non-reversed connection) and it worked fine, I'm pretty sure the Beomaster has the "wrong" pinout for this connection (although it has the original B&O-cable). I'm tempted to just re-reverse the connections...

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)