in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-26-2011 2:49 PM by ipaul. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-21-2011 12:03 AM

• CdW
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-21-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Beovision Avant 32” VCR doesn't start anymore

This night I was watching some TV on my Beovision Avant, when suddenly it switched itself of. This happened a few times before (months ago) and those times I just gave it some time to cool down or something and switched it back on without a problem.

Unfortunately this time, it doesn't respond anymore.

It still gets power, because the standby light is now constantly flashing at time intervals of about 2 seconds.

It also makes a "sizzling" sound at the same intervals.

My main question is, if this is a small problem that can easily be fixed or a serious problem and that the advice might be to bring it to the closest dump.

Hopefully someone can answer my question(s).

Wkr,

Cor

• 08-22-2011 4:20 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision Avant 32” VCR doesn't start anymore

My guess is this is a curved avant and not an RF ??

In that case it could be the tube, but it could also be something in the powersupply/deflection area...i think someone has to stick his nose in the back to give a good answer to your question :).

• 08-22-2011 6:23 PM In reply to

• CdW
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-21-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Thanks so far.

I forgot to mention, but it's indeed a curved one. Unfortunately I don't know people that are into this kind of stuff, so I guess I have to part with it, since the costs of an engineer are probably to high for a tv this old.

I was hoping the interval in the flashing of the standby light would give more information.

• 08-24-2011 3:18 AM In reply to

Well, maybe someone here (from the forum) can help :), of course depending on where you're based.

(i'm based in central NL).

• 08-24-2011 8:13 AM In reply to

• CdW
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-21-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

I am based in the area of Turnhout, Belgium.

30km away from Tilburg, Antwerp en Eindhoven.

Of course I am also willing to give it a try myselves if somebody can tell me exactly what to do.

wkr,

Cor

• 08-25-2011 2:00 AM In reply to

CdW:

Of course I am also willing to give it a try myselves if somebody can tell me exactly what to do.

Don't! Let ipaul do the job, he's an expertYes -  thumbs up

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 08-26-2011 2:49 PM In reply to

Cor, the following could shed some light to establish if it is the tube or not (this works with RF models but not sure with the older one, but worthwhile to give a try).

!! If you're confident working inside a tv it's a small thing but if not don't bother as you may do more damage to yourself and the tv !! (but ask someone to do this for you who is able to).

-Take off the video output board from (the back of) the picture tube (leave it connected to the rest of the tv).

Now try to switch on the tv, carefully listen if it does the degauss sound and the ''crackle'' of the HT coming up, also it may look like it's working when you look at the display (showing TV-1 and you'll be able to change channels).

Don't leave it on for long time, it only needs 10-20 seconds to do this test (it might damage the tv if you leave it on, not sure...it might not but just to be safe).

If it acts as above (switches on, HT present) the problem will be the tube.

If there's no change compared to your earlier description of the problem, there's something else wrong.

Good luck :).

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)