in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-23-2011 9:31 AM by hfat. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-19-2011 1:04 PM

Help on 5.1 Surround sound on a BV7 MKII

Dear all. I have an HD-Ready BV7-32 and i use it for my HDSat receiver. I have connected it as follows:

HDMI TO DVI-I Cable

Coaxial cable from SAT digital audio output to A1 input of my BV7

SCART connection to AV1 of the Beovision for stereo sound broadcasts.

All of it assigned on V.MEM.

So far so good, picture is far more better and on 5.1 broadcasts i have sound on all my Beolabs plus BL2.

But i made an experiment today. I put the SCART cable out. And surprise-surprsise, no sound in any broadcast, even on HD 5.1 ones.

Can anyone explain how is that posssible and if that means that i have never heard true 5.1 from my SAT receiver??

Thanks for your help. 

-Dimitris

• 08-19-2011 1:34 PM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

Re: Help on 5.1 Surround sound on a BV7 MKII

Hi,

The coax should  be running to A1. Did you register the audio input A1 in the AV1 setup dialog? Audio socket: A1

You can check the sound processing by accessing setup sound/sound system, which displays sound input and processing options.

hfat

• 08-19-2011 1:50 PM In reply to

Sorry for that. It was a typo. A1 i meant. I have done this and it says Dolby Pro Logic. Also i have sound on all my 5 speakers. But why on earth i have no sound with the SCART not attached...Hmm

-Dimitris

• 08-19-2011 2:22 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Did you Set your HD-Box to Digital out?

Sounds like your Box Outputs analog Signal. Dolby Pro Logic is an analog surround matrix Format.

Stefan
  • 08-19-2011 2:35 PM In reply to

My digital set top box (PACE HD831), has these options under sound settings:

-Analogue output, STEREO/MONO (have it on STEREO)

-5.1 output, Passthrough/Downmix (have it on Passthrough) (from the user manual of the PACE Receiver: Passthrough=Dolby Digital sound goes directly to DIGITAL AUDIO OUT

-5.1 selection, AUTO/MANUAL (have it on AUTO)

Hope this helps...

-Dimitris

• 08-19-2011 3:38 PM In reply to

UPDATE: I changed the Coaxial cable (although of very good quality) with a new one and this solved the riddle. Now sound comes on HD Broadcasts without SCART attached.

Does anyone know how to check the sound input on V.MEM???

If i press MENU on my BEO4 it can only bring up the Brightness/Contrast/Colour DVI setup.

If i go to TV, MENU, CONNECTIONS, then i always see DOLBY PRO LOGIC, because that comes from the TUNER.

Is there a way to see the Sound Input Menu when you are on V.MEM?? 

-Dimitris

• 08-20-2011 12:39 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

You can chreck the sound input by accessing the sound menu. When your v.mem source is active you have to enter the sound menu and activate the option "sound system". This displays information about which sound format ist received and how ist is being outputted to the speaker.

hfat

• 08-20-2011 1:48 AM In reply to

hfat:

You can chreck the sound input by accessing the sound menu. When your v.mem source is active you have to enter the sound menu and activate the option "sound system". This displays information about which sound format ist received and how ist is being outputted to the speaker.

hfat

Can you please tell me how this is done with a BEO4, please? Thank you for your time.

-Dimitris

• 08-20-2011 2:29 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

Hi,

You press MENU to enter the setup menu (perhaps you have to press menu twice if an setop box controller is active)

the menu appears you have to select "options", press GO

there you select "Sound", press GO

the sound menu appears, the last option is "sound system", which you can now select and press GO.

the following information displayed shows the sound format received.

BTW: i'm not sure if you jet answered: did you regsiter audio socket A1 in the AV1 setup dialog?

hfat

• 08-20-2011 2:37 AM In reply to

Yes i did that. Everything is fine , since i changed the cable:

But pressing MENU while on V.MEM source, brings up a small menu which is: DVI SETUP, and the only things i can change are brightness, contrast and colour. No SOUND MENU there, even if i double press MENU. Hmm

-Dimitris

• 08-20-2011 2:50 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

Hi,

Yes this is one of the limitations HD sources put on some funcitons. I also often forget. (Reference book page 66). To check the sound menu you will have to temporarely disactivate the HD source definition. Then the menu should be displayed. After checking sound, you reactivate HD source defintion.

hfat

• 08-20-2011 1:35 PM In reply to

Thanks hfat. Unfortunately I am away from home so I will check it when I get back on Monday evening.

-Dimitris

• 08-22-2011 4:23 PM In reply to

Yes, it is working! Yes -  thumbs up And now i can see Dolby Digital on the Sound Menu from the HD source! Thank you for the assistance! 

-Dimitris

• 08-23-2011 9:31 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

It has been a pleasure having been of help to you.

hfat

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)