in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-17-2011 5:23 PM by Leslie. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-16-2011 9:32 AM

Clean Beolit 707

Has anyone tried to open a Beolit 707.

I want to clean the facepanel mainly underneath the perspex on top of the radio. There's a lot of dust under this perspex but I can't find the method  how to remove the sides. At least I think you have to remove the sides first to get acces.

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 08-16-2011 1:28 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Re: Clean Beolit 707

Hi Leslie,

No you don't remove the sides. Remove the 3 or 4 screws below the tuner face - 2 screws are on the string side in the corners near the handle fixings, the other 2 (or one sometimes) is on the battery side and quite obvious. You may need to remove the antenna tip next by unscrewing it. Lift the facepanel up at the antenna end, guide the antenna through the hole and whilst holding the tuning slider, slide the facepanel away. The little metal balls will be caught by the magnet as it slides off. The perspex strips can be removed by sliding them out of their channels - sometimes stuck a bit with gunk but they will come free.

When refitting locate the tuning slider back in place and roll the balls down the channels & the magnet will catch them.

SteveSmile

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 08-16-2011 4:24 PM In reply to

Steve, you are Yes -  thumbs upLeft HugYes -  thumbs up

Now I finally can clean all Beolits (just twoBig Smile) I have.

Thank you very much.

Btw, took me 1 hour to find my balls (the Beolit I mean)......lying on the carpet floor

Beovirus? What's that?

• 08-17-2011 5:04 PM In reply to

• ahmeow
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-16-2011
    • California
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Hello Steve,

I'm a newbie here. Just acquired a same Beolite 707 recently from ebay. Source from Denmark. Very nice radio. Powerful sound. Super reception.

Thank you for your information as I'm also want to clean the dirt inside the perspex.

Tony.

• 08-17-2011 5:23 PM In reply to

Be careful Tony while removing and cleaning the perspex. They are very fragile and can break easily. And watch the ballsSmile

Beovirus? What's that?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)