in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-16-2011 3:29 PM by joeyboygolf. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-15-2011 7:27 PM

AV9000 and Control centre with a pair of 6000 speakers

Hi i am selling my AV9000 due to moving home recently, the tv has the dark purple surround, the motorised stand works fine, the picture is perfect and the sliding curtains open when the tv is turned on, the tv's built in vcr does not work which is the only thing that doesnt work, when i made enquieries and i was advised it was the belts that were stuck or something to that effect. As you look at the tv to the left the alcove kind of bit down the side has some scratching, which i honestly do not have a clue how they got there, they could have been there before i brought the tv and i never noticed, but because of where they are they can not be seen at all from a viewing angle, there is a couple of holes in the net on the speaker cover but they are not really noticable unless you get fairly close to the tv, anyone should be able to replace the material to be honest because i didnt notice them i forgot the holes were there, the plate at the bottom of the tv could do with being rubbed and repolishing as some of the laquer has come of and there are some scratches that i am sure would disappear if it was laquered. there is a pair off 6000 speakers that in perfect working order, one has a couple of light scratches on the top, and the other has a couple of deeper scratches on the top, they were on the speakers when i purchased them, and to be honest you only only see them when you stand right next to the speakers and in no way do they catch the eye when the system is set up. there is a slight scuff on one of the netting on one speaker again unless you know its there you wouldnt notice it there. The control centre has the CD player tape player and radio and they all work perfectly, the 2 glass fronts slide open as they should, it has the rabbit ears ariel and the radio recieves the stations nice and clear, i would say its in near perfect condition with just a small scratch on the cd part that raises to let you insert the disc, and with the control centre is a black stand which is in exellent condition. there is the Beolink 1000 remote control which is in pretty good condition with just a couple of slight marks on it and is in full working order. All the leads will be with the system and it is all set up so anyone can come and view it if your local or passing the area (Leicester), although i used to have a DVD player connected to it and a freeview box in my old home there is nothing connected at the minute although i will try to rig something up so the system can be seen fully working, but the picture was perfect before as we used to watch this tv in the lounge every day even though i had a LG flat screen on the wall as the picture quality was better. Now i dont have room and its in the dinning room collecting dust, i still listen to the radio on it and play the odd casset and of course a CD, but it really needs to be in a place that will be used properly and appreciated for its design and sound quality. I was looking in the region of £1300.00 but would be open to sensible offers, anyone is welcome to come and view the system at anytime.

thanks for reading and hopefully look forward to hearing from someone

Steve

Ps i will try to add some pictures if i can figure out how to get them on here lol

• 08-15-2011 10:22 PM In reply to

Re: AV9000 and Control centre with a pair of 6000 speakers

Hope you can sell it for the price you are asking, although it's a bit high! For that amount In Holland you can have 6 of those systems on Marktplaats.

Edit: Sorry, haven't read that the Beolab 6000 is part of the price.
    Still, these AV9000 are not worth that much anymore, shame for that, they are Icons!!!

Got two of those and hard to sell unless I give them away for freeSuper Angry

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 08-16-2011 4:29 AM In reply to

Being totally honest I agree with Leslie. 

To get the very best price I would sell the Beo4 remote and Beolab 6000s seperately (for maybe £70 and £700 respectively) and then see what you can get for the AV9000, maybe £200 on eBay on a good day!

I hope this helps!

• 08-16-2011 8:41 AM In reply to

Leslie is right, these systems are not worth much in good condition and yours, by your own admission is not!

The BL1000 is probably worth as much as the TV, say £80 the pair if you are lucky. You may be better advised to sell the remote and take the TV to the tip!

Your speakers are scratched and I would guess fairly old('92-93 or so). You may get near to £600 if you are lucky, probably nearer £500.

The control center is worth very little as it is useless without the TV. You may get £150 or so from someone who thinks it is an Ouverture!

This is now an enthusiasts set and they only want items in good condition. They don't want to pay very much either.

Regards Graham

• 08-16-2011 9:39 AM In reply to

joeyboygolf:
    The control center is worth very little as it is useless without the TV

Graham, did you knew, and this is hopefully more a confirmation from you, that the MPAV900 can still be used as an Ouverture? Just plug in a ML cable in e.g. Avant, put it in service mode and voila?

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 08-16-2011 3:29 PM In reply to

I have read somewhere on here that it works with an Ouverture but I can't confirm this.

What I meant was AFAIK the control centre will not work stand alone.

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)