in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-17-2011 10:13 AM by folkdeejay. 54 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-10-2011 3:47 AM In reply to

Re: Bang & Olufsen Ealing vs Riots

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/7337

• 08-10-2011 3:59 AM In reply to

w5bno123:
    As the owner of the Ealing showroom we thank you all for your comments and concerns. Thankfully we had laminated glass which could not be penetrated and there was no major damage to the stock or showroom. We will remain open during these times and hope to get back to normal soon.

Stuart & Helen Melville

Owners

Really happy to hear this! Keep up the good work för B&O, and be careful out there.

Regards from Stockholm

/Claes

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 08-10-2011 3:59 AM In reply to

Think I saw Ian being interviewed late last night on BBC re damage in Manchester. In the clip I saw he didn't actually mention that his stripped store was B&O.

All very worrying: social networking has given the low-lifes the ability to coordinate and maximise their thieving and arson activities whilst at the same time stretching the police and fire services beyond their limits.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 08-10-2011 4:18 AM In reply to

• Saxpy
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 24
    • Bronze Member

I wish I could but only open to UK residents... Had planned to fly to Liverpool tomorrow for a long weekend vacation with my wife. Might have to cancel that.

I really hope that these thugs are taken care of by the police so that no more innocent people are hurt.

pinkflag:

• 08-10-2011 4:44 AM In reply to

Petition signed.

I had trouble right outside my apartment in Leicester town centre last night. Lots of shouting, sirens and about 5 hours of Police Helicopters! I understand it wasn't as bad as Manchester, Birmingham etc but I went to sleep with visions of my car being trashed and my girlfriend was quite scared :(

These people are a disgrace and I am feeling ashamed of my Country right now. 

My thoughts go out to Ian, Stuart, Helen and all the other small business owners who have had their stores vandalised.

This crimes need to be treated with very thorough punishment in my opinion.

• 08-10-2011 5:09 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

vikinger:

Think I saw Ian being interviewed late last night on BBC re damage in Manchester. In the clip I saw he didn't actually mention that his stripped store was B&O.

He had a B&O black shirt on (with Bang & Olufsen written on it) and the reporter mentioned the B&O store, twice, after the interview? Maybe a shorter version of the interview was cut. The one I saw was live.

Hopefully Ian gets some help today to turn things around.

• 08-10-2011 6:05 AM In reply to

From BBC, watch the video a few minutes, and the shop keeper of B&O comes over.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14474393

Increadible.

Sad for decent people being caught up in this nonsence. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 08-10-2011 6:35 AM In reply to

bayerische:

Sad for decent people being caught up in this nonsence. 

Yes, It's awful. Sad

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 08-10-2011 6:38 AM In reply to

Saxpy:

I wish I could but only open to UK residents... Had planned to fly to Liverpool tomorrow for a long weekend vacation with my wife. Might have to cancel that.

I really hope that these thugs are taken care of by the police so that no more innocent people are hurt.

pinkflag:

I have a son in Liverpool city centre who says all the Liverpool violence was a couple of miles to the south in Liverpool 8, and was nowhere on the scale of Manchester Birmingham or London.  I don't think I'd be unduly worried if you've booked into a city centre hotel but you need to keep watching for changing news.

Graham

• 08-10-2011 6:40 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

I agree Lee, parents of repeat offenders still living at home should themselves be punished for their childrens actions. I know this would not be possible in current law and I am not sure I would like unintended consequences of implementing such a scheme however I can't help feel it might make scum parents think twice before allowing their feral 9 year old children roam streets late at night.

Regards this thread, while my deep felt condolences go to the shop owners mentioned here I think they are extremely fortunately compared to seeing peoples homes and places of work go up in smoke, not to mention 150 year old family businesses where not even a shell of a building is left.

With the over-all destruction, devastation and loss incurred during these riots, I have been deeply ashamed by these so called 'British' citizens and I am hoping to see some real justice served in the coming months.

Olly.

• 08-10-2011 6:45 AM In reply to

moxxey:

vikinger:

He had a B&O black shirt on (with Bang & Olufsen written on it) and the reporter mentioned the B&O store, twice, after the interview? Maybe a shorter version of the interview was cut. The one I saw was live.

Hopefully Ian gets some help today to turn things around.

Yes, definitely same clip and Ian with his B&O shirt. Probably shortened version of the clip with no later direct mention of B&O.

Graham

• 08-10-2011 7:17 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Good lord guys, have you seen this regarding the riot in Manchester?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024203/UK-RIOTS-2011-Manchester-Midlands-burn-London-control.html

I'm actually embarassed to call myself a British citizen at the moment. My company has international partners all over the world (we're in publishing) and frankly they are laughing at the state of the UK at the moment. It's not the rioting - that happens in Greece, Italy and other countries - it's the blatent looting and the young kids pictured doing the looting.

• 08-10-2011 7:25 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Ian is interviewed about three minutes into this BBC News video:

Link

Weekly top artists:                   

• 08-10-2011 8:21 AM In reply to

Spoke to the guys at the King Street - over 40 minutes of sustained attack/looting !!

Obviousy a lot going on last night, but you have to wonder where on earth the police were.... the shop is 100 yards from Market St, and about 200 yards from the town hall.

The police and the Govt seem to be closing the door after the horse has bolted - no doubt Mcr will be flooded with police tonight..... as Leeds/Bradford/Oldham  riot, taking copycat turns.....although it is raining a lot now - and chavs don't like to get wet, so hopefully things will stop as quickly as they started.

edit - The shop security grill is a write off - and to add insult to injury, what couldn't be stolen was mailciously damaged out of spite/anger/stupidity.

Why ???  Idiots.

• 08-10-2011 9:45 AM In reply to

I am extremely sad to hear about King Street. Please let us know when you are up and trading again - I for one will be buying something - maybe a Beocom 5.

• 08-10-2011 5:44 PM In reply to

A two minute clip from over 40 minutes of looting - not the moment they broke in, but one of a few group "invasions"

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1895441234807&comments

These idiots are all someones son/friend/neighbour..... shocking.

• 08-10-2011 6:03 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Sickening to watch Dave, sickening!   Like rape!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 08-11-2011 4:20 AM In reply to

Jandyt:

Sickening to watch Dave, sickening!   Like rape!

Definitely, and it's not about stealing, it's about destroying other peoples property. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 08-11-2011 9:05 AM In reply to

Mid-day TV news: two individuals who 'found' a B&O plasma TV in Manchester have been sent by magistrates to the Crown Court for sentencing (as magistrates can only imprison for 6 months, and 6 months wont be enough.)

Graham

• 08-11-2011 9:29 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

vikinger:

Mid-day TV news: two individuals who 'found' a B&O plasma TV in Manchester have been sent by magistrates to the Crown Court for sentencing (as magistrates can only imprison for 6 months, and 6 months wont be enough.)

Graham

No mention if they "FOUND" a BeoSystem3 and a piece of paper with the PIN. OR a remote control not forgetting some loudspeakers!!!!!!

Opman

• 08-11-2011 11:19 AM In reply to

I guess we are going to see a few messages on this forum saying : "I inherited a TV from my beloved gran, and it is asking me for a pin code, can you help?"

• 08-11-2011 11:33 AM In reply to

this gives me some faith in the next generation , we may be breeding scum , but at least they have taste !

i bet the sony shop was left untouched

• 08-11-2011 12:14 PM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

The sentence (in weeks) should be equal to the retail cost of the plasma (plus VAT and shipping) divided by their weekly benefit cheque   - should keep the little cnuts off the streets for a few years. If they have taken more than one, they can have 5% discount off the total bill Big Smile

• 08-11-2011 7:43 PM In reply to

frog:

The sentence (in weeks) should be equal to the retail cost of the plasma (plus VAT and shipping) divided by their weekly benefit cheque   - should keep the little cnuts off the streets for a few years. If they have taken more than one, they can have 5% discount off the total bill Big Smile

B&O don't discount..

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 08-12-2011 3:35 PM In reply to

• Beolab1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-04-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 232
    • Gold Member

Disgusted by what I have seen. I am so sorry for the hardworking (B&O) shopowners and people who have lost their homes. I hope that they will manage to hang in there and that the U.K. government will take it's responsibility to compensate all these people. All the best from The Netherlands.

Page 2 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >