in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-17-2011 10:13 AM by folkdeejay. 54 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (55 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-09-2011 8:57 AM

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Bang & Olufsen Ealing vs Riots

Maybe if all shops had this kind of windows, those kids would have to learn something, get a job, and BUY some stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plU1_GxW66Y&feature=youtu.be

• 08-09-2011 10:41 AM In reply to

Re: Bang & Olufsen Ealing vs Riots

mbee:

Maybe if all shops had this kind of windows, those kids would have to learn something, get a job, and BUY some stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plU1_GxW66Y&feature=youtu.be

Thats really awful to see... (but nice to see that the shop was pretty okay) and I feel sorry for all decent people that have to live through riots like that.

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 08-09-2011 2:01 PM In reply to

• rxcohen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-09-2011
    • New York, USA
    • Posts 27
    • Gold Member

Cannot understand the passive response from the police...

• 08-09-2011 2:30 PM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

That's pretty shocking to see, but it's also funny to see that 3 man can't get into the B&O shop, how hard they try :D.

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 08-09-2011 3:26 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

According to the Daily Mirror and others, B&O Manchester has also been broken into!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 08-09-2011 3:54 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Its unfortunate this is happening, but I will admit - I cheered at my computer screen when the glass shield defeated those youths and seeing them chased away by police!

Evan

• 08-09-2011 4:00 PM In reply to

Evan:

Its unfortunate this is happening, but I will admit - I cheered at my computer screen when the glass shield defeated those youths and seeing them chased away by police!

I'm delighted they didn't get in.  However, there was a small part of me hoping his foot would go straight through the glass and slash his leg open, hopefully trapping him there to bleed (not on their carpet obviously) until the Police arrived to drag him out.

• 08-09-2011 4:13 PM In reply to

As the owner of the Ealing showroom we thank you all for your comments and concerns. Thankfully we had laminated glass which could not be penetrated and there was no major damage to the stock or showroom. We will remain open during these times and hope to get back to normal soon.

Stuart & Helen Melville

Owners
  • 08-09-2011 4:40 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

That is very brave Stuart, just be careful. I'm sure you know of course, just a friendly reminder. We don't want to hear about a fellow BeoWorlder getting injured.

Evan

• 08-09-2011 4:42 PM In reply to

King Street shop in Manchester has been looted this evening.  Not sure how badly, but damage has ben done :-(

• 08-09-2011 4:46 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

w5bno123:
    As the owner of the Ealing showroom we thank you all for your comments and concerns. Thankfully we had laminated glass which could not be penetrated and there was no major damage to the stock or showroom. We will remain open during these times and hope to get back to normal soon.

Stuart & Helen Melville

Owners

Best of luck

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 08-09-2011 4:50 PM In reply to

• egoh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-12-2011
    • Austin, Texas - USA
    • Posts 77
    • Gold Member

Stuart and Helen,

So glad to hear your shop is OK. I hope things get back to normal for you guys soon. That glass is fantastic! I bet it's expensive but seems like an amazing safely feature.

Good luck!

• 08-09-2011 4:51 PM In reply to

folkdeejay:

King Street shop in Manchester has been looted this evening.  Not sure how badly, but damage has ben done :-(

Just saw that on the BBC...

"It was reported that cheers went up from the crowd of about 200, some of whom carried sticks, as the window was smashed of the Bang & Olufsen store, off King Street, in Manchester.

'Completely looted'

Looters carried out a widescreen TV while others took smaller electrical items."

ARTICLE

• B&o bottle opener
  • 08-09-2011 5:28 PM In reply to

I saw the news tonight on the BBC that a B&O shop in Manchester had been looted :( I hope the King Street staff are ok and that they can get back to normal as soon as possible.

Let's hope the looters burn in Hell >:(

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 08-09-2011 5:47 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

The owner of the B&O King Street store is on the BBC News channel right now, being interviewed live, fuming. And rightly so. He must have lost thousands of pounds of stock :(

I think it was Ian?

He's saying his shop is finished. I hope he doesn't mean permanentely. Good lord :(

• 08-09-2011 5:52 PM In reply to

I hope not Moxxey. Ian has been a ve voice here helping local and national B&O owners for several years.

I always thought (and hoped) stock levels were low in stores, so hopefully Ian will be ok. If all the big ticket items are PIN protected, then they'll surely be worthless anyway to the cnuts who stole them??

Gutted :(

• 08-09-2011 6:03 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

j0hnbarker:
    I hope not Moxxey. Ian has been a ve voice here helping local and national B&O owners for several years.

Yep, it was Ian. The reporter (doing the interview) mentioned his name after I posted. He also said that Ian's shop was wrecked. Sounds like it's been looted and trashed :(

Yeah, I guess it was display stock they took and probably struggled with a lot of it (too heavy), so I guess gave the stuff they couldn't take a kicking. I hope people who know Ian and his store can volunteer some help.

• 08-09-2011 6:08 PM In reply to

That is terrible, terrible news.

I for one would be happy to travel over and help clear up if that would be of any help? Such an incredibly shocking time we're going through - lame :(

• 08-09-2011 6:21 PM In reply to

Absolutely gutted for Ian. Thankfully our insurance policies are there to protect us but that is not the point. It would take weeks to turn it around but the support we had locally today from Ealing residents, colleagues and clients was amazing. There is an old fashioned radio shop in our street the Luftwaffe couldn't hit but these thugs last night ripped out the windows 30 seconds.
  • 08-09-2011 6:48 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I cannot believe this is happening in England.  I'm ashamed to be British as the world watches.. disgusted.

Total force should be used, no holding back.  I'm sick of do-good beardies on the radio defending the rioters and looters, blaming the government for their anger etc etc.  If you break the law and violate other peoples human rights, then you completely forfeit your own in my opinion.  Shoot them for all i care, you won't hear me grumble as they throw them in a body bag.

Out of all of this came some superb irony..  The reporter was filming a Currys Digital (Electronics Store) being looted to a shell, whilst expressing total surprise Waterstones right next door (a book shop) was totally untouched.  Welcome to the UK today.

I sound old here (well, i'm 40.. so I am) when i say scum breeds scum.  Bad parenting has a lot to answer for in the UK - and the standard of parenting has plummeted.  Slack jawed spongers are allowed to have babies, creating a vicious circle of fecklessness.  If they were animals, they'd be neutered immediately - but basic human rights are basic human rights, I can't contest that.

I hope the glass of the window in Ealing contained high amounts of asbestos - and the Manchester store had Ebola in the carpets.  

End of rant.  My sincere sympathy to the above two store owners. I hope you get it all sorted quickly.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-09-2011 6:50 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Let's burn each newbie that will dare to ask how to remove a pin code here!
  • 08-09-2011 6:54 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

mbee:
    Let's burn each newbie that will dare to ask how to remove a pin code here!

I'm sure that at least one of us pre-owned dealers will be offered something..   I've worked closely with the Police and B&O to recover stolen equipment before and will gladly do it again.  

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-09-2011 7:03 PM In reply to

Let's be honest - most of the thieves will have left the Beo4s at home because they are scum and will expect an Argos remote to do the trick. The sickening thing is that had they known about the PIN codes, they wouldn't have bothered nicking anything :(

• 08-09-2011 7:29 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Like the rest of you, I am sick to the stomach after reading this! My heart goes out to you,Ian and Graham and the rest of the staff at King Street, the most hospitable dealership I have been in!

So glad your window stood up to the rioters, Stuart and Helen! That is one heck of a pice of laminated glass! Even so, it must be heartbreaking to watch that video.  Sad

Poor me, never win owt!

• 08-09-2011 8:33 PM In reply to

The riots in England have got a lot of exposure here.

I'm a store owner, and watching some of the footage has almost brought me to tears. What most people don't understand is that insurance replaces physical items to an extent (you always lose out on insurance claims for small business).

What insurance can never replace is the emotional attachment you have to your own business. The hours of hard work you put in to it, the lost sleep due to worrying/brainstorming/thinking that constantly nudges your brain, the people you employ to help realise your dreams and the little things that make it your own. These things can never be replaced.

To those store owners that have been hit by these senseless riots, my heart goes out to you.

I feel your pain also.

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

Page 1 of 3 (55 items) 1 2 3 Next >