in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-19-2011 4:12 PM by Style. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-08-2011 7:29 PM

• hollis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-21-2007
    • Posts 8
    • Gold Member

beovision 6 problems

Hello Beovision 6 owners,

are any owners of these TV's having problems such as:

Loud anoying hiss on the sound, volume needs to be on 20/25 to drown the hiss out (it is only when sound is muted that the hiss stops). This is NOT B&O std for sound quality, no one inc. the factory can come up with signal to noise ratio spec for this model. Anyone got this spec ?

Freeview TV guide does not update correctly, eg. no data shown for some time slots.

Reboot of the DTV module (screen goes black then long start up delay) when I press the up or down button to change channel.

Start up time was changed from the default 35 seconds to 8 after several software upgrades but now it takes 35 secs while displaying a clock symbol ( most of the time) and 8 secs sometimes - very odd.

any help appreciated

Steve

• 08-09-2011 2:40 PM In reply to

• Style
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-01-2011
    • Posts 40
    • Bronze Member

Re: beovision 6 problems

The clock symbol, reboot and EPG problem is likely to do with signal quality and could be as simple as a bad antena cable.

Is the hiss present on all sources?
  • 08-11-2011 11:15 AM In reply to

I have a Becenter 6 and yes there is a hiss on the sound on all sources although it is certainly not loud - you only really become aware of it if you get really close and turn the sound right down. Sounds like yours is worse.

Never had a problem with the DTV reboot but the Freeview module is not very good. It looks great but is not very user friendly (can't see all channels now and later together) and often some (can be most) of the guide slots are empty. I understand this can be related to signal quality and I do sometime get some missing through the DTV tuner in my Sony DVD/HDR but never to the same extent.

To be honest, if I had my time again I would not buy the integrated DTV module.

Re your final point, my TV seems to starts pretty quickly in DTV mode. Never timed it but acceptable to me.

• 08-11-2011 1:54 PM In reply to

I have a Beocenter 6 without the integrated DTV module. No hiss and no issues.

• 08-18-2011 5:59 PM In reply to

• hollis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-21-2007
    • Posts 8
    • Gold Member

Hi All,

Sorry for the time lag in this reply.

The hiss on mine is bad, so much so that the whole chassis was replaced by my dealer in an attempt to cure it, and it made NO difference at all. Their reply was "they all do that, even the one in the showroom". At the moment I am trying to get the specifiction for the signal to noise ratio out of B&O for this but have had no luck to date. This much noise on a high spec unit is not correct or acceptable. Does seem strange that they do not include this info in the technical specifications published.

As part of the replacement chassis I also got a new DTV module and it is the latest DTV-HD module, I thought great so now I will be able to see HD TV pictures on my HD TV.... but no.... it cannot work with the UK system, shame on B&O as every other manufacturer seems to have had no problem with the UK system.

The long startup time was introduced with one of the many software/hardware changes done including the last one that was supposed to fix it.  It did start up faster (about 8 seconds) but after a few weeks it mostly reverts to the slow start up that takes longer than an old valve set used to take.  Then when you change channel sometimes it starts up all over again, (yes another 35 seconds wait).

Not too impressed with B&O as you can imagine at present.

• 08-19-2011 4:12 PM In reply to

• Style
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-01-2011
    • Posts 40
    • Bronze Member

The latest dvb hd module is compatible with UK hd. You must have gotten an old one
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)