in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-18-2011 12:55 PM by symmes. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-08-2011 4:42 PM

Can BeoSound 5 Encore connect to AVM "FRITZ!Box 7390" WLAN router?

Hi,

I'm trying to connect a Beosound 5 Encore to the internet directly via my home router AVM Fritz!Box 7390.

So far without success :-(.

The Fritzbox supports 5GHz WLAN (802.11n+a). But all the possibilities for connecting the Encore to WLAN (WPS, Auto, Manual) fail.

Does anybody know if this is possible? Any trick to do it? Any hidden service menu within the Encore?

Regards,
    DrWatson

• 08-09-2011 2:57 AM In reply to

Re: Can BeoSound 5 Encore connect to AVM "FRITZ!Box 7390" WLAN router?

In your router:

Give the 5GHz a different SSID name then the 2.4GHZ.

Switch the 2.4GHz wifi sender off until connected.

• 08-09-2011 3:32 PM In reply to

Thanks for this tip. I disabled the 2.4GHz but still my Encore wasn't able to connect (connect 'failed').

Also I tried with different SSIDs as well as with the same SSID. The problem is still the same.

My router log only shows an entry for the Encore with its MAC address when I use WPS (wireless protected setup) for the configuration.
    Then, the encore authenticates with its MAC together with an empty hostname (instead of the correct hostname configured within the Encore). The router thinks the WPS configuration was successful, but the Encore says failed and immediately disconnects.

BTW, my iPad can connect to the 5GHz network without any problem.

Maybe something is worng with the Encore... :-(

• 08-09-2011 4:34 PM In reply to

you have the BS5e also wired connected to the router?

you don't use the MAC restriction on your router?

• 08-11-2011 3:29 PM In reply to

Hi, My Encore is not wired to my router. So, I'm without internet radio at the moment. With regards to MAC restriction: I don't think so. But I don't know what this would be. Regards, DrWatson

• 08-11-2011 6:10 PM In reply to

• rxcohen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-09-2011
    • New York, USA
    • Posts 27
    • Gold Member

First hard connect the Encore to the 7390 - that should tell you that you are set up properly to the internet via the router. Now try wirelessly by...

Turning off all security on the 7390 and see if the Encore then connects. Then you will know the wifi module works (which from your description it seems to work). Then turn on security on the 7390 and use WPA or WPA2.

I don't have an Encore, but if you can enter the correct SSID and password (the same as you had set up on the 7390) then I would venture it should work. I don't know if the Encore is WPS compatible.

• 08-12-2011 12:45 AM In reply to

Is DHCP in the BS5e put to enabled?

• 08-18-2011 11:03 AM In reply to

Hi Carolpa, Hi rxcohen,

Thanks for your replies.

Today I could solve the problem and connect my BS5 Encore to the internet via my Fritz!Box.
    I had to reset my BS5 Encore to factory settings in order to make it "forget" the WLAN settings. Then, I was able to connect as expected. E.g. via the "Wireless Auto" setup.

In order to reset the BS5 Encore one has to enter a hidden service menu by doing the following:

1. Go to 'mode' -> 'settings', but don't press <go>
    2. Now press <arrow right> two times and then <go>. This opens the service menu in English.

Now, I looked for the option to "reset to factory defaults" under the "Maintenance" menu and pressed <go> to reset the BS5 Encore.

Then, after starting up, I was able to connect to my 5 GHz WLAN and could also make use of the media server that is offered via my Fritz!Box.

Everything works fine now Smile

• 08-18-2011 12:55 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

DrWatson:

Hi Carolpa, Hi rxcohen,

In order to reset the BS5 Encore one has to enter a hidden service menu by doing the following:

1. Go to 'mode' -> 'settings', but don't press <go>
    2. Now press <arrow right> two times and then <go>. This opens the service menu in English.

Now, I looked for the option to "reset to factory defaults" under the "Maintenance" menu and pressed <go> to reset the BS5 Encore.

I want to thank everyone who contributed on this.  Absolutely spot on!  I had the same issue, but with an Airport Extreme. Because I didn't set up the 5GHz first nor with a different name, Encore apparently loaded all the 2.4 GHz info.  I wasn't going anywhere until I did what you all suggested.  Great work!!   

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)