in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-05-2011 5:48 PM by Vienna. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-03-2011 9:48 AM

BeoPlayer update: did you know??

Hi BeoWorlders, I was just installing my Serenata software (Samsung PC Studio) on my office PC, and after that, I launched BeoPlayer and I was notified that:

- it was now possible to scan & play AAC files in BeoPlayer (that was already the case for some time if I remember)

- the NRADIO list of stations had been updated

I quickly ran a new scan for the NRADIO stations and, instead of the miserable 14 previous stations available above 96 kbps, I now have ....984 !!!Big Smile

And all this for free! Finally, B&O has done something for the ones that don't want/need BeoPort or BeoMedia (I have BeoPort at home, don't need it at work though).

It is also much easier to play NMUSIC or NRADIO while watching your PHOTO library. And the interface seems less prone to bugs..

The funny thing again with B&O is that this update for the number of NRADIO stations is not even listed in the version history for BeoPlayer..Sad

Anyway, that's good news for me, things are moving!

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 08-03-2011 12:24 PM In reply to

Re: BeoPlayer update: did you know??

Hi Chrisreunion,

please kindly check tht beoplayer supports flac format or not?

• 08-03-2011 6:23 PM In reply to

I checked my Beoplayer and did not have any such message. What version of Beoplayer is yours?

Thanks!

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 08-03-2011 11:42 PM In reply to

I have the normal BeoPlayer 5.04, and the message popped up when I connected my Serenata to the computer via USB; maybe a treat to Serenata owners?Surprise

• 08-04-2011 4:13 AM In reply to

• JOV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-28-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Chrisreunion:
    It is also much easier to play NMUSIC or NRADIO while watching your PHOTO library.

Thanks for this info! I use Beoport for years, and version 5.04 since its release.
    I never mentioned that this version can play NMUSIC and PHOTO at the same time (first versions couldn't, so I never used PHOTO).

I wonder if B&O is working on a new release, and if there will be new functions.

• 08-04-2011 4:53 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

JOV:
    I wonder if B&O is working on a new release, and if there will be new functions.

If you like it or not - iTunes & BeoConnect will be the platform for all new products in the future.

As far as I know any further developemend of BeoPlayer/BeoPort has been stopped - they will only provide
    updates/bug-fixes when technically necessary - but no new features.

This happened when some radio stations did not work on Win 7 based PCs.

To solve these problems a "Service Software 6.02.00"  of BeoPlayer and BeoPort is available since March 2011.

This version has not been fully tested, was never officially released and is only available to dealers & service
    to solve a "Win7 radio station issue". 

But - this version should also be compatible to XP, Vista.

For testing I installed the SW some month ago on a XP-PC - and can confirm that it works flawlessly.

Since this new version does not add any new features there is absolutely no reason to change from
    working 5.04 installation to 6.02 exept when you have to solve a "Win 7 radio station issue". 

PS: "never touch a working system"

• 08-05-2011 12:07 AM In reply to

Thanks for the info, this is no good news at all, I prefer 100 times the BeoPlayer interface to either Itunes or WMP!

Besides, so far, BeoConnect only works with BeoMedia/BeoMaster 5, and not BeoPort/BeoPlayer, so they'd better hurry if they want to keep their customers.

I'm using Linkplayer with BeoPort at home, and I find quite hilarious for B&O that a software developped by a private person for free can do so much more than their proprietary software, the problem being that if Philippe (Linkplayer) or Anders (BMLink) stop developping their system, for whatever reason, all Mac users are left with nothing! 

The other irony, if B&O chooses Itunes for Windows for all future updates, is that you can't play WMA Lossless tracks on Itunes, and you can't play ALAC on B&O stuff...so which lossless format are you going to use??Surprise

• 08-05-2011 5:26 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Chrisreunion:
    so which lossless format are you going to use??

Idea FLAC

• 08-05-2011 5:54 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

Hello,

I play ALAC files on my BM1 wothout any problems for years now. I installed the ALAC codec manually. Just have a look at:

http://codecpackguide.com/klcodec.htm

DC-Bass Source 1.3.0 - Source filter with integrated decoders for the following audio file types: AAC (.aac .m4a), ALAC (.alac)

hfat

• 08-05-2011 4:00 PM In reply to

• JOV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-28-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Vienna:
    If you like it or not - iTunes & BeoConnect will be the platform for all new products in the future.

What a pity. In my opinion, iTunes sucks.

I really would like to know, how an innovative and user friendly design oriented company like apple made such a crap of software. The GUI (for the MAC version) is so complicated, non intuitive and ugly... Well, and I am a GUI designer an I love apple hardware and iPhone/iPad GUI. 

Anyway, the Beoplayer GUI is so simple and elegant and reduced to pure function, it's a shame, that B&O hasn't the ... energy? vision? ... to bring this piece of software to a modern level. Well, Beoplayer never was a good programmed software. They need years and years for a stable version. And even now, the programm code is much to big. But the reduced GUI is very user friendly.

I would love to get a BeoPlayer for iPad which can control all my music and photos, incl. a Beo4 or 5 like remote control for home automation etc. 

Just dreams.

Have a good night!

• 08-05-2011 5:48 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

JOV:

What a pity. In my opinion, iTunes sucks.

We agree ...

Just forgot to mention the other option: WMP & BeoConnect
    - imho a choice between "Scylla and Charybdis" or as we say in Austria "Pest oder Cholera" ... 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)