in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-02-2011 12:12 PM by Peter. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-02-2011 9:16 AM

Beo4 remote

I have had an Avant with Beo4 remote for about 7 years now - apart from having to get the tube replaced earlier this year, it's still a great tv!  Anyhow, my q is about the remote control.

I love the feel of the weight of the Beo4 &, as much as you can have favourite remopte, it is my fave remote!  I've even mentioned them to hifi manufacturers who turn out flimsy plastic jobs - anyone prepared to pay out 2k for a seperate is willing to pay a premium for a tasty remote!

Anyhow, back to the q - it has always frustrated me that when playing a dvd there's no button to press to take me back to the main menu - OR IS THERE?  It get on my nerves when i reach the end of a film & want to see the extras, but i have to sit through the credits &, often, the legal warnings about piracy in 101 different languages!

So?  IS there a shortcut whereby i can instantly access the main menu at any time? 

thanks in advance!

• 08-02-2011 9:59 AM In reply to

Re: Beo4 remote

Try Go and then the Yellow button. Works on mine.

• 08-02-2011 11:02 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

Hi,

It's depending on the DVD player you use.

Have a look at http://www.bang-olufsen.com/UserFiles/File/ug/DVD1/dvd1_english.pdf, pages 9ff for DVD1

or

look at http://www.bang-olufsen.com/UserFiles/File/ug/DVD2/DVD2_English.pdf, pages 12ff for DVD2

hfat

• 08-02-2011 11:10 AM In reply to

cheers guys, i'll try all your suggestions 2nite whilst watching Luther (best thing i've seen on tv for yonks!).

By the way - i have a dvd integrated Avant - though what player it is, i wouldnae know.  Or more to the poiunt, i can't remember!!!!!

• 08-02-2011 12:12 PM In reply to

My one is the earlier Philips DVD integrated player - it has the mad symbols at the top of the screen in the DVD menu! The Pioneer player has a better menu but I don't think is quite such a good DVD. Not much in it though!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)