in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-02-2011 11:13 AM by pinkflag. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-02-2011 5:25 AM

Beocord 1500 Deluxe

I have an original of this reel-to-reel recorder/player that i am willing to sell.  Could anyone tell me what sort of money i shoudl ask for it?  & where's the best place in London, or online, to try to sell it.  It's an original for the mid-late 1960's & is in perfect condition.

• 08-02-2011 5:32 AM In reply to

Re: Beocord 1500 Deluxe

Unfortunately it is worth very little. I have given away a couple of reel to reel players. Stick it on Ebay but dont be suprised if it only gets up to £5-10. Also the postage costs will I expect be more than it makes.The problem with these is although they are wonderful machines, nobody uses them now.

• 08-02-2011 6:40 AM In reply to

I think you should get rather more - particularly if it is working. The 1500 was a worthy machine and there is a fad at present for the retro. With a couple of reels, I would expect more like £50+

• 08-02-2011 6:47 AM In reply to

The B&O reel itself would be worth a fair bit!! I would put on eBay, with some good pictures - the more the merrier, and some decent copy explaining how this is a high end domestic reel to reel player. I would show the rare B&O reel - put a full tape on the other spindle in at least one picture. I'll guarantee you will get a decent price - I'll buy it if it fully works!!Big Smile

• 08-02-2011 7:21 AM In reply to

Thanks guys.  I'm of the opinion that quality products such as this IF looked after (& this HAS been) will always be sought after.  I know it's a kind of defunct medium these days, but to the right person.......!!!!

Peter - if you are serious & you can get to south London easily & wanna check it out, you're more than welcome.

• 08-02-2011 10:02 AM In reply to

Not very close - In Newcastle - but I will stand by what I say. I would put it on eBay and if it doesn't get to £50 with a decent advert, I'll buy it. It will need posting though! (I'd pay that as well obviously!!)

• 08-02-2011 11:13 AM In reply to

Peter :

Not very close - In Newcastle - but I will stand by what I say. I would put it on eBay and if it doesn't get to £50 with a decent advert, I'll buy it. It will need posting though! (I'd pay that as well obviously!!)

If i thought i could find the appropriate box (original packaging not around) & the packing, i'd take you up on yer offer!  Perhaps next time i'm visiting my sister-in-law (in Mickleton, near Darlington) I'll bring it up!!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)