in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-23-2012 5:45 AM by Chris. 61 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-27-2011 2:03 PM In reply to

Re: Favourite non B&O stuff

Søren Mexico:
    found songs missing and some bad grabbed, after checking the bad grabbed I found the CDs in OK condition and played throung the same computer without problems.

I have more songs captured and I do not know if any are missing as I have not done an audit - but I do know my favourite songs are not missing, but there are some tracks that are truncated. Why and how this happened I do not know. 

I think it is only/mainly my ABBA ripped from a two volume "Best of ..." -- of courese some kind souls would say "truncated ABBA? what's your problem?" Laughing

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-27-2011 2:24 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

elephant:

Rich:

SadMy art is boxed away in the garage until the next move.  I have original watercolors from local artists from San Tropez, Paris, Rome, and San Francisco.  I miss my paintings.

Do you collect watercolours of the cities you have lived in or visited and loved ?

We have a few like that ... mainly small pieces (±A5 size)

Strangely not of San Francisco :(

And for Paris we seem to be collecting coffee table books so we can remember districts and street scenes

My mother had moved to San Francisco while I was in college and gave me a 10" x 13" framed watercolor of a San Francisco street car.  Seeing how pleased I was with that, she gave me another.  And another.  And another.

And them my sisters started giving them to me as well.  I have never actually bought one myself, come to think of it.

EDIT

This could be interpreted as meaning I have nothing but watercolors of street cars.  Not the case.  From San Francisco, I have the Golden Gate, a street car, Alcatraz, the Japanese Tea Garden.  From France I have the Eiffel Tower and the harbor of San Tropez.  From Rome I have the ruins of the Coliseum.  I have a couple more but can't think of them just now.

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 10-27-2011 3:04 PM In reply to

Rich:
    This could be interpreted as meaning I have nothing but watercolors of street cars.  Not the case.  From San Francisco, I have the Golden Gate, a street car, Alcatraz, the Japanese Tea Garden.  From France I have the Eiffel Tower and the harbor of San Tropez.  From Rome I have the ruins of the Coliseum.  I have a couple more but can't think of them just now.

I suspect you and I will be admonished at some point for ambushing this thread Laughing

If I were to look for a painting of San Francisco, it might by a streetcar but more likely a row of colourful wooden terrace houses!

From where I am sitting, writing this post, I can see 10 pieces of art ... 2 are from one son while he was going through art school, 6 from my other sonof which 4 I purchased from his gallery showing, and the remaining 2 are reproductions from artists who are not family members Laughing

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-27-2011 3:08 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

elephant:

If I were to look for a painting of San Francisco, it might by a streetcar but more likely a row of colourful wooden terrace houses!

Postcard Row

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 10-27-2011 3:23 PM In reply to

Rich:

elephant:

Postcard Row

sounds about right Smile

sad if there is only one row left !

we have a number atmospheric pieces - the two I have of Newcastle-upon-tyne evoke memories of cold dark wet winter streets as I would walk past B& heading for my favourite thali dish Laughing - so another San Francisco possibilty would be one of a foggy day on the bay

as regards street cars, this picture from our last trip there captures a Melbourne tram doing the rounds of SF:

• 01-16-2012 12:35 PM In reply to

• paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • dublin
    • Posts 130
    • Gold Member

i used to drive a banana but i now drive a porsche Wink

BeoVision 7-40 MKIV with BeoLab 7-4 Vertical speaker, BeoSound 9000 CD/Tuner, Speakers are a pair of  BeoLab 5 in Black with a pair of BeoLab 4000 as rear speakers, and in bedroom BeoCentre 6-26 with BeoLab 8000's. Both the Kitchen and bathroom have Beolab3500's. BeoCom 2 and BeoCom 5 phones. Beo 6 and Beo4 remotes. LATEST ADDITION: Beogram 7000 with MMC2 stylus....

• 01-20-2012 4:49 PM In reply to

• bossbrad
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-02-2009
    • Colorado, USA
    • Posts 57
    • Gold Member

bayerische:

Watches, especially Rolex.

Cars, just thinking of getting something fun to drive right now...

I feel the same way. I just got a baby Rolex myself.

As for car's I want to get a sports car in the upcoming year.

• 01-20-2012 5:42 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Last of the Summer Wine Country, Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

My Breitling B2, Mont Blanc Starwalker Pen, iPhone, iPad, MacBook, Gaggia Classic Coffee Machine, Jotul Gas Fire (Norwegian) and of course my Miele Washing Machine!

Beosound 8, Beotalk 1100, Beocom 4, A8 Headphones, Form 2 Headphones, Apple iPhone 4S, iPod Classic, iPad 1, Sky+ HD, Sony Playstation 3, Jacob Jensen T10, Lutron Rania IR Dual Dimmer/ Accesory dimmer, B+O A9 Keyring (SOLD), Beolit 600 (SOLD), Apple Airport Express, Beo5

• 01-21-2012 5:56 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Flash gitTravel

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 01-21-2012 6:02 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Last of the Summer Wine Country, Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

What is your next purchase now your a left seat monkey?

Beosound 8, Beotalk 1100, Beocom 4, A8 Headphones, Form 2 Headphones, Apple iPhone 4S, iPod Classic, iPad 1, Sky+ HD, Sony Playstation 3, Jacob Jensen T10, Lutron Rania IR Dual Dimmer/ Accesory dimmer, B+O A9 Keyring (SOLD), Beolit 600 (SOLD), Apple Airport Express, Beo5

• 01-22-2012 5:54 PM In reply to

I think if B&O built cars they'd aspire to the Renault Avantime. Hugely overpried for what is, as it was basically an Espace, but just like B&O, it is a machine that belies its roots and offers a million times the actual value of the item it is based on. The pleasure of owning, using and interacting every day with such design icons cannot really be understood until you dive into that "pool".

As with B&O, when anyone sees it for real, they are stunned at the style, beauty and sheer practicality. People see these things (B&O and Renault Avantime) on TV and and in ads but can't take it in that they are works of art that are useable in everyday life. There is just enough design and individuality to lift them above the average, every day grey druggery that come pouring into our lives.

Second hand, both B&O and the Avantime are no brainers for those that aspire but could not afford the "New" prices.

Here is mine.

Stoobie

• 01-23-2012 5:45 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Secretly always liked the Vel Satis.

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

Page 3 of 3 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3