in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-25-2011 2:39 PM by Carolpa. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-27-2011 2:27 PM

• Olof
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Posts 141
    • Bronze Member

Which audio format are iTunes user use for the BS 5 ?

sorry I tried to ask the search function, but this is not Google... so only one simple question... I which format do convert you CDs to be able to play them at the BS 5.

• 07-27-2011 3:54 PM In reply to

Re: Which audio format are iTunes user use for the BS 5 ?

the best way is FLAC or WMA lossless (= both identical to the original CD)

• 08-07-2011 5:13 AM In reply to

• Olof
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Posts 141
    • Bronze Member

OK; but both aren´t supported from iTunes..... I only have a MAC computer so I need a advice which format I should use for iTunes which still shows the covers (artworks) on my BS 5.

• 08-07-2011 12:55 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

If you only want to keep one copy of the file, then you should use a high bit rate (256 or above) mp3 or AAC format.  I'd lean toward MP3 because it is supported by more platforms, and the sound quality difference between AAC and MP3 is minimal at higher bit rates (from my ears as well as some studies I've seen).

However, if it was me, I'd rip to ALAC (for use on computer), then convert to FLAC (for use on BS5).  No need to keep a copy of the FLAC file on the Apple after you transfer to BS5.

Stan

• 08-07-2011 8:46 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

Olof:

OK; but both aren´t supported from iTunes..... I only have a MAC computer so I need a advice which format I should use for iTunes which still shows the covers (artworks) on my BS 5.

If you use the free "Max" software, you can rip FLAC and apple lossless at the same time.  Set it to rip in FLAC with an apple lossless copy to itunes, and add the artwork before you rip.  Send your FLAC to BeoSound 5 via BeoConnect and the apple is automatic.  Get it wrong a couple of times and it will make sense.

• 08-08-2011 12:56 AM In reply to

You can listen to flac with XBMC or Plex on a Mac

• 08-08-2011 4:46 AM In reply to

Another very good audio only player for Mac which can handle FLAC: Audirvana

even iTunes is capable to play Flac; use FlukeforMac

• 10-25-2011 10:57 AM In reply to

I've tried today to make use of the freeware "MAX" to convert a new CD into a lossless format to be used on my BS5.

Following the advices given below I've tried several settings, but none of them works..??

If I use FLAC - Beoconnect stated when transferring the ripped folder "xy.flac is no valid type" 

If I use WAV (Microsoft) I can't find any information about the title, only the interpret and a track no. ?

Where am I wrong? I guess it's a simple "change operator", but maybe someone has an idea?

Best

Verzollnix

• 10-25-2011 2:39 PM In reply to

WAV doesn't support tag's

Just copy FLAC files with finder to the BM5

To copy files directly:

1.start BeoConnect and make a connection with the BS5/BM5.

2.go to Finder

3.make a connection with the BM5; if fails then make a connection as

BEOMASTER5\BM-USER  (note: your system can also be named "BEOMASTER 5"; you should look it up in the BS5)

your PASSWORD

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)