in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-15-2011 1:47 PM by Heribert. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-26-2011 4:19 PM

• mpijl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-19-2008
    • Posts 15
    • Gold Member

Beoport - sound issue

Dear all

Recently transfered from Windows to Apple. To have ML-functionality within my Mac Mini I found a second hand Beoport at eBay.

Main current setup BS4 (audiomaster) in room 1, BV7 (videomaster) with Beomedia 1 in room 2 and in study (room 3) Mac Mini with Beoport. At the Mac Mini Beoconnect is also running. Beomedia is serving as N.Radio and N.Music source (deselected asa source for Beoport).

I ran BM-link to update firmware of Beoport and then suspended its running. For operation of the system I use Linkplayer. Beoport is in option 6.

What's working - I can hear BS4 radio & CD, N.Radio and N.Music via connected Beoport speakers. Both controls, software at Mac Mini and Beo4 (via IR-eye) work fine. With Linkplayer I can even scroll through the music selection in iTunes (set as A.Mem). I set MacSound as A.Aux and this setting is selected during start & wake-up.

What doesn't work:

1. I'm not able to hear sound from the Mac Mini (nor from iTunes, nor from sources like YouTube)

2. "short" press at off button in Linkplayer doesn't switch of source

Please help! Could this be an issue with the cables (breached USB or sound cable), Beoport box or just wrong software configuration (which I find difficult to understand). As former Windows user I noticed that for sound output only headphone socket is available - shoudn't this be Beoport or it's USB-name.

Thanks!

• 07-27-2011 6:55 AM In reply to

Re: Beoport - sound issue

mpijl:

What doesn't work:

1. I'm not able to hear sound from the Mac Mini (nor from iTunes, nor from sources like YouTube)

2. "short" press at off button in Linkplayer doesn't switch of source

This depends on whether you have the "latest" generation of MacMini's i.e. those since 2010.  

The key is to ensure that when LinkPlayer is running that the sound output is directed to the headphone socket that should have a mini-jack to and from the MacMini and the BeoPort.

I suspect you have it wired correctly, but that when you are in LinkPlayer display mode you have activated the HDMI sound output.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 08-01-2011 6:20 AM In reply to

• mpijl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-19-2008
    • Posts 15
    • Gold Member

Thx. It works when I quit Linkplayer - them I can listen to iTunes.

Do you need Linkplayer running to listen to B&O sources? Or would an IR-eye do the job?

MP
  • 08-01-2011 6:47 AM In reply to

mpijl:
    It works when I quit Linkplayer - them I can listen to iTunes.

That seems strange ! I use LinkPlayer, and yes it starts iTunes, and yes the sound comes from iTunes, but I don't have to quit LinkPlayer ... so something is strange here ... I have checked my LinkPlayer preferences and I can see no obvious "traps for young players" but can you check the settings on your LinkPlayer's preferences "Sound" tab ?

mpijl:
    Do you need Linkplayer running to listen to B&O sources?

Not for B&O sources unless you are using LinkPlayer to support veteran B&O kit connected via Mac.

mpijl:
    Or would an IR-eye do the job?

I believe the BeoPort's IR eye allows you to select the other sources on the MasterLink so that the speakers connected to the BeoPort can play music from those other sources.  (But it has been years since I have used it in that way)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 08-15-2011 1:47 PM In reply to

Link player has a setting to enable Mac sound. Perhaps this helps?

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)