in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-23-2011 7:27 PM by Paul. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-23-2011 7:27 PM

• Paul
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-15-2011
    • New York City
    • Posts 38
    • Bronze Member

adding bass

hi folks:  has anyone tried adding a subwoofer to any of the older B and O amps?  I have a beomaster 5500 as well as a 2400-2 and would like to connect something like a REL sub.  I don't know what kind of wires modern equipment need to connect to amplifiers, but if it goes to the speaker inputs with speaker wire (L & R), I can use the extra din connectors I have.  My goal would be to make a surround sound system with two RL45s in the rear, and two RL 60.2s up front, and add the sub.

I do own a subwoofer that has one wire coming out of it, designed for the special subwoofer slot on a panasonic dvd/amp.  Could I connect that to the beomaster?  It gets me wondering how to connect a center channel speaker that has only one wire (pos and neg) to the beomaster.  The RCA inputs on the beomaster for speakers confuses me too.  I tried to connect speaker wire to the positive and negative on an RCA jack and connected it to the amp, but I couldnt get any sound out of it.  Has anyone had luck connecting speaker wire to RCA jacks and inserting them into the beomaster?

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)