in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-21-2011 2:48 PM by halid. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-20-2011 6:14 PM

Beosystem 3

Hi again, I have some questions regarding the Beosystem 3. I found some text that mentioned 3D, can I run 3D on my Beovision 4-65 with my Beosystem 3, or is it only the new 85"-inch display that is capable of that? I guess the latter...

Can I somehow connect a Airport Express directly to my Beosystem 3? And if so, can I make it possible that when I start the AE the Beosystem 3 fires up my BeoLab 5 speakers?

Can I also manage the BS3 so if I attach a HDMI-source it senses when the source is active and fires up the system?

Best regards

Hans, Sweden

• 07-21-2011 3:41 AM In reply to

Re: Beosystem 3

Hi Hans

I will try the best i can to reply to your questions:

No, it is not possible to watch 3D on your current Beovision. The 3D requires the new and improved BS3 (not to mention a 3D capable screen).

Yes, you can connect an airport express directly to your BS3, but there is no dedicated audio only input. I other words, you have to connect it so say AV4, and then assign say "v.mem" to AV4. When you then want to listen to your music on your Lab5´s, you press "v.mem". The thing is, that this will also power up your screen without you having anything to show on it. Dont you have a dedicated audiomaster connected to the BS3 through Masterlink?.

Another option is using an AppleTv2, this connects through HDMI to your BS3, and works as an mediacenter (with quite a few limitations here in denmark to be honest). By doing this you can have the cover of the album your are listening to displayed on your tvscreen while listening to your music. And you can even control it by using your B&O remote.

Furthermore, the AE is not something you startop, it is just an adapter that is always running. You have to turn your TV (or BL5´s if connected with spdiff directly to AE) on by using your B&O remote.

Third question can be answerd the same way as above. No the BS3 can not by itself turn on anything. You have to do this using your remote.

If you can tell me exatcly what B&O products you have and exactly what you want to achieve, i will do my best to help you on the way to what in my opinion would be the best solution. 

Regards

/Ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 07-21-2011 9:55 AM In reply to

I just bought a Samsung 3D TV last weekend and can verify that the older, non-HDMI 1.4 BeoSystem 3 CAN INDEED allow 720P 3D on a cable box with the video input passing through the BeoSystem 3. However, 1080p 3D blu-ray will not work passing through the BeoSystem 3. Regardless, you must have a 3D compatible screen.

• 07-21-2011 2:48 PM In reply to

Many thanks Ehlerz, you sorted out my questions. As I suspected I cant really do what I would like to do, and that would to be to connect a Airport Express or an Apple TV to my Beosystem 3 and when I choose the Apple product I would be able to listen through my BS 3, without using the B&O remote. 

I think I have a Beoport somewhere that I have never used, could that help somehow if I attached the Airport Express to the Beoport?

I would also be grateful if you couuld look at my other question : http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/39987.aspx

Best regards

Hans

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)