in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-24-2011 5:34 PM by Opman. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-20-2011 5:45 PM

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

iPod mini & Dell laptop windows 7

Hello All

This is not really anything to do with B&O so I apologise in advance.

I have a conoumdrum and having Googled the problem haven't yet found an answer. I know that there is a huge amount of Apple knowledge and wondered if any of you can help.

My wife has "inherited" from our teenage daughter an iPod mini 4gb. I connected it to her Dell laptop with iTunes loaded and put some music on. A week ago she asked me to put some more CD's on. I copied them into iTunes without problem but when I connected the iPod to synch with iTunes, the device couldn't be seen.

I connected it to my laptop and the iPod appeared so that the iPod was ok. I searched for an answer and it appears to be a common problem resolved by doing a reset on the iPod. I have done this several times and also uninstalled and then reinstalled iTunes. All to no avail. The iPod can be seen when I go to My Computer so the cable must be ok.

I am stuck and don't know what else to try. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Regards

Opman

• 07-21-2011 3:24 PM In reply to

Re: iPod mini & Dell laptop windows 7

buy a mac

• 07-21-2011 5:53 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

regarding to your problem:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1363?viewlocale=en_US

A mac suffers from problems, too.
    I own Macs for 5 years now and they are the same as PCs - but this is why we like/hate computers, isn't it? :-)
    Especialy the internal hardware quality lowered through each model update / new Mac generation...  My actual Macbook Pro 2011 doesn't have the same realy good audioquality through it's outputs like my old Powerbook :-(

• 07-24-2011 5:34 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Hi TWG, thanks for the link. I tried this route but met with another frustrating failure :-(

I have now got round the problem by installing iTunes on my wifes account on my laptop. It works ok which is such a puzzle.

Flappo a new Mac is well beyond my meagre means but thanks for the suggestion ;-)

Opman

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)