in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-22-2011 3:37 PM by Spiros. 31 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-22-2011 3:06 AM In reply to

Re: Ebay purchase from the US

joeyboygolf:

In the EU, even sellers of secondhand items must register for sales tax!

So every ebay transaction in the EU has to pay sales tax? that means also  that something posted outside of the EU should be tax free! so this amount should be refunded to the buyer!

My local post office is a 12 mile round trip!

and....???

If I used recycled boxes and bubble wrap from items sent to me I would be as crap at packaging as you and all the others.

I sell a lot on ebay, never had one thing break! I often get complimented on my packing!

I wish I could get away with 50c for packaging. I lose money on carriage and packaging!

If I incur a packing cost, it is generally an envelope or a sheet or two of bubble wrap. No more than 50c! I never lose money on carriage..

You won't be buying from me then, will you?

It seems not, I'd be particularly miffed if I found out AFTER the fact that I had incurred extra hidden costs. It's quite deceitful IMO

Don't talk about the cricket................Big Smile 

No, we shouldn't... we have lost half of probably the best ever cricket team so now we can't buy a game! Super AngryLaughingLaughingLaughing

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 07-22-2011 4:12 AM In reply to

Jonathan:

joeyboygolf:

In the EU, even sellers of secondhand items must register for sales tax!

So every ebay transaction in the EU has to pay sales tax? that means also  that something posted outside of the EU should be tax free! so this amount should be refunded to the buyer!

In theory yes. In practice, because of the special VAT scheme used for secondhand goods where VAT must not be shown as a separate item on invoices, it is neither possible or legal, as far as I know. 

My local post office is a 12 mile round trip!

and....???

I don't think I would make it with a BC9300 under my arm so I have to get the car out and fuel is £1.50 a litre over here!

If I used recycled boxes and bubble wrap from items sent to me I would be as crap at packaging as you and all the others.

I sell a lot on ebay, never had one thing break! I often get complimented on my packing!

The last 9300 to Aus had 2 cardboard boxes at around a fiver each and 40 metres of 750mm wide large bubble wrap to protect it. Cost around £25 in all

I wish I could get away with 50c for packaging. I lose money on carriage and packaging!

If I incur a packing cost, it is generally an envelope or a sheet or two of bubble wrap. No more than 50c! I never lose money on carriage..

The next 9300 that I sell to Aus I will stick a stamp on the envelope and pack it in 50c worth of bubble and see how it goes!!

You won't be buying from me then, will you?

It seems not, I'd be particularly miffed if I found out AFTER the fact that I had incurred extra hidden costs. It's quite deceitful IMO

I think we are on different planets not on different sides of the same one.Big Smile

Don't talk about the cricket................Big Smile 

No, we shouldn't... we have lost half of probably the best ever cricket team so now we can't buy a game! Super AngryLaughingLaughingLaughing

I've never laughed so much!!!

Regards Graham

• 07-22-2011 4:17 AM In reply to

Like me Graham, good reputation with excellent packing from which I spend a lot of time to make sure it arrives safely. With no xtra charge...

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 07-22-2011 4:18 AM In reply to

Last picture are Penta'sSmile

Beovirus? What's that?

• 07-22-2011 4:27 AM In reply to

You're a saint!

Regards Graham

• 07-22-2011 4:58 AM In reply to

For this kind of business I am

Beovirus? What's that?

• 07-22-2011 3:37 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

And I second Leslie on this and all the others quite honestly.

Best regards

Spiros

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2