in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-07-2007 7:52 PM by The Stig - ver. 1.7. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-05-2007 12:38 PM

• beotex
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • USA
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

SAT over Passive?

I have my Apple TV hooked up to a BeoSystem 1 as SAT in our main room, but I can't get the passive to play the sound from SAT in my link room. It will play sound from other video (TV, DVD) and audio (RADIO, CD) sources, but not when I press SAT. Is it possible to hear sound from SAT in a link room (via Beolink Passive), or might I be missing something?
  • 07-05-2007 4:14 PM In reply to

• Lagom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • New Orleans
    • Posts 35
    • Bronze Member

Re: SAT over Passive?

I, too, discovered the same issue.  In my case, I was trying to use SPDif, which BeoLink dislikes due to the digital signal.
  • 07-05-2007 4:44 PM In reply to

If you turn on TV and switch on the Beolink Passive so you can hear the TV sound and then further select SAT on the TV - not on the Beolink Passive! - will the Beolink Passive now be silent or playing the SAT sound? Or still the TV sound?

Hagen

• 07-05-2007 5:14 PM In reply to

• beotex
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • USA
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

It continues to play the TV sound. Then, when I press SAT on the Beo4 for the Passive, it goes silent.

• 07-05-2007 5:23 PM In reply to

I don´t know the BeoSystem 1. But did you try to connect the Apple TV to the DVD input or V.AUX?
    Is the Apple TV connected via SCART or other? And the sound?
    Seems to me as if there is a problem multiplexing/distributing the sound signal of the Apple TV.
    Did you ask your B&O dealer already?

Hagen

• 07-05-2007 5:43 PM In reply to

Re: SAT over Passive

Hi

Have you connect the L-R analog sound from Apple to BS1? Master link only transmits analog sound.

• 07-06-2007 10:44 AM In reply to

• beotex
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • USA
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

I plan to drop by the dealer today to ask. I have the AppleTV connected via component and optical for audio, and I chose SAT because the others are already taken. I would be surprised if the analog input made a difference becuase everything is going through a Zektor switch with optical audio connections, and I have no problem getting the sound from my STB ("TV"), or DVD, across the Passive.
  • 07-06-2007 5:55 PM In reply to

Yes but I think your STB and DVD is also connect with a scart cable, where the the Master link gets it analog sound signal from... 
  • 07-06-2007 10:15 PM In reply to

• beotex
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • USA
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

In the US, we don't have scart cables. I only have the component video and optical audio. I will see if there is another open connection I can use instead of SAT and try that. 
  • 07-07-2007 7:52 PM In reply to

OK sorry Wink but it needs an analog signal
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)