in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-19-2011 4:38 PM by elephant. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-16-2011 5:48 PM

• cjfc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-22-2007
    • Posts 45
    • Bronze Member

BV 7-32 apple tv HDCP issue

Hello all,

I am having a few issues with the apple tv2 I bought today.

I have ATV connected to a BV 7-32 mk3 (type 9334) which is HD ready.

Having read many posts on here I have the basics set up and working (connected via an hdmi to dvi cable and the audio via an optical to analogue converter - on PC on AV4). So I am able to see video and music via the linked itunes account / macbook.

However, I have an HDCP issue when trying to watch a rented film. The error message of ‘This content requires HDCP for playback. HDCP isn't supported by your HDMI connection' comes up.

Could this be I have an incompatible cable and / or my BV 7-32 does not support HDCP? Is there anything I can do to check on the tv?

A separate issue issue is that when I had a photo slideshow showing the screen went blank after ten minutes or so but I could still hear the music playing. I pressed menu on the beo4 and no TV menu displayed - but ‘PC' still showed on the red side display. Could this be a screen sleep issue?

All help is greatly appreciated

Thank you

Christian

• 07-17-2011 1:35 AM In reply to

Re: BV 7-32 apple tv HDCP issue

Hi Christian

Let me see if I can kick this along for you ...

cjfc:

Having read many posts on here I have the basics set up and working (connected via an hdmi to dvi cable and the audio via an optical to analogue converter - on PC on AV4). So I am able to see video and music via the linked itunes account / macbook.

Any reason you are not using the HDMI for audio ? That is what I did.

cjfc:

However, I have an HDCP issue when trying to watch a rented film. The error message of ‘This content requires HDCP for playback. HDCP isn't supported by your HDMI connection' comes up.

Could this be I have an incompatible cable and / or my BV 7-32 does not support HDCP? Is there anything I can do to check on the tv?

It seems possible - I bought a Belkin from the Apple store just to be safe.

cjfc:

A separate issue issue is that when I had a photo slideshow showing the screen went blank after ten minutes or so but I could still hear the music playing. I pressed menu on the beo4 and no TV menu displayed - but ‘PC' still showed on the red side display. Could this be a screen sleep issue?

How did you start the slide show ? 

Did you set it up in the configuration menus on the right hand side of the ATV2 menus ? 

Mine goes for ages as a nice background to music.

The black screen I get when I come back to the ATV2 after having been watching TV or whatever ... I find I have to wiggle the Beo4 [<<] and [>>] keys to get the screen to wake up ... but I then loose the slide show for a little while.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 07-19-2011 11:34 AM In reply to

• cjfc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-22-2007
    • Posts 45
    • Bronze Member

Thank you very much for the reply.

I have bought a new hdmi to dvi capable and that is working with hdcp so that the rented films can now be watched.

Re the slide show, I did start it from the configuration menu. I will try again later today to see if the same issue happens on the same slide show so that I can see if it was a one off bug.

Regarding the audio piece, I must admit I don't know what ADMI is? I have the APT digital optical output into a DAC and then out with RCA cable.

Many thanks again for your help

Christian
  • 07-19-2011 4:38 PM In reply to

Great ! Happy to help.

cjfc:
    Regarding the audio piece, I must admit I don't know what ADMI is? I have the APT digital optical output into a DAC and then out with RCA cable.

My apologies - my mistake - that was a typo :-(

Any reason you are not using the ADMI for audio ? That is what I did.

should be

Any reason you are not using the HDMI for audio ? That is what I did.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)