in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-16-2011 7:34 AM by scottyltd. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-14-2011 11:30 AM

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Glasses free 3D

Well the inevitable is no longer just on the horizon. Although 20inches, i think it can only be used by one person as it has an eye monitor like the DS 3D job.

http://www.stuff.tv/news/computers-and-consoles/news-nugget/lg-dx2000-3d-glasses-free-monitor-incoming

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 07-16-2011 7:34 AM In reply to

Re: Glasses free 3D

Chris:

Well the inevitable is no longer just on the horizon. Although 20inches, i think it can only be used by one person as it has an eye monitor like the DS 3D job.

http://www.stuff.tv/news/computers-and-consoles/news-nugget/lg-dx2000-3d-glasses-free-monitor-incoming

Won't happen this 3D without glasses. Well, certainly not for quite some time.

Look at it this way, 3D with glasses has been around for about what, 3-4 years? And we still don't have much 3D content. Granted, some channels aired are in 3D (how  many though?). I think there must be around 50-60 odd movies available to buy as well. Not much really.

Will 3D kick off at all? Maybe. But only through movies which are specifically made for 3D. Like animated films. Those are the ones which will decide.

Now peaple have heard 3D without glasses. They assume it's about to turn that way. I would say it will be years till anything like that happpens.

Personally, I think high definition will be the way forward. We are at 1080p now and have been for a while. I think even higher resolution will be KEY for the future.

Just my 2 cents :-)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)