in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-09-2011 6:20 PM by Tomvdw. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2011 3:48 PM

• aSkovk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-09-2011
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Masterlink Gateway - Connection Problem

Hello all,

Earlier today I purchased a Masterlink Gateway to work with my B&O products. No manual followed, I've plugged the different cables in, connected by an ethernet cable. Lights up green - seems to be ok. But when I try to access my router configuration page to see if the Masterlink Gateway has obtained an IP-address, there is none. I have tried to reset the settings on the mlgw by the setup button, nothing seems to work. The IP-address won't be obtained. I've also connected the mlgw directly to a computer and used the cmd to find out what the MAC-address is. I've then plugged it back in on the router and made an IP-scan on the network and compared the MAC-addresses from the IP-addresses in use with the one MAC-address I've have for my mlgw. None. It's not there. So to be exact: My Masterlink Gateway does not obtain an IP-address on the router (which is Zyxel).

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    aSkovk

• 07-09-2011 4:25 PM In reply to

Re: Masterlink Gateway - Connection Problem

I believe that the MLGW comes with the static IP set to 192.168.1.10. It can be accessed on the network but typing mlgw.local into your browser window. If you're using an Apple router you'll have to connect it to a non-Apple router, set to DHCP, and reconnect. You can then set a 10.0.1.xx IP address.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 07-09-2011 5:14 PM In reply to

• aSkovk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-09-2011
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for your fast reponse, unfortunately the problem still exist. It's correct that the static ip per defualt is set to 192.168.1.10, but how is this accessible if you're default router config is 10.0.0.x? It doesn't help typing in mlgw.local, I've searched a bit on this matter and found out your router shall support mDNS, which mine doesn't (mine is a Zyxel router (not using Apple)). 

• 07-09-2011 5:49 PM In reply to

• Tomvdw
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 109
    • Founder

set up your workstation to the static ip adress 192.168.1.11 and access the mlgw using the 192.168.1.10 - shouldn´t be a problem then as you do not need your router and internet access at this time - after set up to your preffered settings to mlgw (including an valid ip adress out of your network already set up in your router), set back your workstation to old values, imo DHCP to have access to all network devices as before.

Btw I would set the MLGW to a static ip adress manually.

Regards

Tom

• 07-09-2011 6:15 PM In reply to

• aSkovk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-09-2011
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Got it working, exactly what I did :)

Thanks Tom!

• 07-09-2011 6:20 PM In reply to