in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-11-2011 12:09 PM by Douglas . 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2011 2:06 PM

DVI issues on the Beovision6-26"

Hi everyone,

I have had my B&O Beovision6 26" for some time now and decided to plug an LGHR600 (freeview + BluRay) box into it via a DVi > HDMi converter kit. I've changed the resolution of the LG box to 720p but sadly no picture. Just the odd flicker of image. But generally nothing.

I've tried another conversion kit and the same thing happens. Do I need a specific DVi-D (apprently the beovision6 is DVi-D only) converter/cable?

Or is it a matter that the port is locked in some way on the TV?

Any help would be most appreciated.

All the best

GB

• 07-10-2011 5:17 AM In reply to

Re: DVI issues on the Beovision6-26"

Im quite sure that the DVI is unable to handle signals from a HDMI.

Its only for connecting a PC.

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 07-10-2011 7:08 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Hiort:

Im quite sure that the DVI is unable to handle signals from a HDMI.
    Its only for connecting a PC.

Very probably your BV6-26 is an older model and you'll have to upgrade it to "HD-Ready"
    to connect a BD or HD-Set-Top-Box.

This upgrade kit implements HDCP - needed for copy protected content from BD, SAT, ...

The resolution of your display is "HD-Ready", but only NOT PROTECTED content, eg your own
    pictures from your computer can be displayed.  

DVI-D is compatible to HDMI - but the audio signal needs to be connected by a separate cable.

• 07-10-2011 7:16 AM In reply to

Ok, first of all, I know absolute nothing about BV6 but im pretty sure it cant handle a 720p-signal how ever you feed it to the BV6.

The DVI-input can prob only handle "normal" PC/Mac-resolution wich is around 800x600 or even 1024x768 (diffrent then 720p).

Just to check that the DVI-input works i would suggest try connect a PC or Mac with the lower resolutions i told before, im pretty sure it will work then.

Hope anybody with better knowledge about BV6 will come around

Cheers

Jesper L

Sweden

• 07-11-2011 12:09 PM In reply to

Hi, as written above you need a HD upgrade module (scaler) for the TV which is HDCP compliant, TV is allready capable of showing non copy protected content i.e from a Aplle TV 1 with the component connection. I know this because I was in the same boat last month before I managed to get a upgrade which now enables HD content from my Freesat HD box. Many people have complained in the past about this problem as many of these TVs MK1 & MK2 were sold as HD Ready which they werent!

Y.S Douglas C

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)