in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-10-2011 2:57 PM by Seanie_230. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-08-2011 12:40 PM

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

AppleTV via link system

Hi,

I have two AppleTV2s so that I can send the signal via the link system to other TVs dotted around the house from my Beosystem 3 - one ATV2 is connecected as V.AUX2 and the other as DVD2. The DVD2 AppleTV has a HDMI to SCART (RGB) box on it so I can get RGB into the Beosystem3. Bottom line; two ATV2s, one connected via HDMI (V.AUX2) and the other (DVD2) connected by RGB SCART.

On trying to access the SD AppleTV, I get the sound but not the picture on the remote TVs, but on the screen connected to the Beosystem 3, it works fine. I'm puzzled why this would be so - the fact I can get the image on the local screen means that the AppleTV is working fine, and so is the HDMI-SCART/RGB box - but for some reason, it won't go through the link.

• 07-08-2011 2:40 PM In reply to

Re: AppleTV via link system

Hi,

I hope you have connected antenna cable between Beosystem 3 and your link tv, not only masterlink!?

If so, you have to set the correct link frequency on both systems.

BTW: You need only ONE ATV2, with the right converter you can connect the converter by HDMI AND SCART to your Beosystem 3!

/Räuber

• 07-08-2011 2:46 PM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Yes, the link system is working well with other SD sources... I used a separate ATV because I didn't want to use a HDMI splitter - the ATV boxes are so cheap, the difference in price didn't justify a single box!

• 07-08-2011 3:22 PM In reply to

My converter has RGB and HDMI output, so I don't need a splitter.

But if you have two ATV2, why don't you connect the second ATV2 directly to the link tv?
  • 07-08-2011 6:23 PM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

That may be the only option, but I was keen to have the ATV available on all TVs in my house...

• 07-09-2011 1:13 AM In reply to

It was mentioned here that Beosystem 3 with a later software version is able to distribute the sound (not the picture) to link rooms although the source is connected via HDMI. So I think perhaps you selected the wrong ATV2.
  • 07-09-2011 1:28 AM In reply to

Can you see the picture of other sources connected to Beosystem 3 on your link tv's?
  • 07-09-2011 1:37 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

Which AV connection do you use on the BS3?

Do you use only the SCART connection within the AV connection?

hfat

• 07-09-2011 6:28 AM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

I'm using AV2 - SCART connected with a RGB SCART. Funnily enough, switching the converter to CVBS provides a very dark and poor picture on both the main system and the link TVs - but at least something is coming out! Ideally I'd like to get the RGB output through the link system as the quality is actually useable.

• 07-09-2011 8:39 AM In reply to

Hi

If you by RGB mean Component, then you can not distribute this in the link rooms (even though it is NOT digital!), here is from BV7 with BS3

"HDMI, VGA and Y – Pb – Pr signals cannot

be distributed from a main room television to the link room system."

I have a Tvix M6600 connected to my BV7 with HDMI and SCART, and as you also say, the picuture is very dark in the link rooms when using SCART. Therefore I think I will buy 2 more Tvix (N1 version though) for each Link TV (BV8).

There is something about B&O.....

• 07-09-2011 10:05 AM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Odd that - I don't see that in my Beosystem 3 manual - it only says that digital signals can't be distributed (although VGA can't and that's analog) - but I can't understand why a SCART RGB cannot - my Sky box does it this way for SD (there is a RGB setting for the SCART output on the box settings)!

This is really puzzling.

• 07-10-2011 1:12 PM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

The AV2 connector also offers a YPbPr connection. I use this type of connection on a BV10 and this works fine in link mode. Maybe you could convert the signal to YPbPr

hfat

• 07-10-2011 2:57 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Hi all Ju st to clarify I have bv7 connected to ATv via hdmi, I can hear sound in all link rooms when only hdmi is connect but only if the tv is switched on to the ATv. If you also connect the audio L+R you can access ithe sound via link rooms if the tv is off or watching another source.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)