in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-07-2011 7:58 AM by beojeff. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-06-2011 3:11 PM

B&O recommends OPPO

Hey Guys,

I've just watched June's B&O staff video and they are recommending the Oppo BDP-93 Blu-Ray player as the Official player to go with the BV4-85.

What are your views on this.   Very interesting that they don't recommend Samsung!!! (I've noticed that Samsung always get very very poor reviews in the press when up against Sony, Pioneer & Panasonic Blu-Ray players)

• 07-06-2011 3:50 PM In reply to

Re: B&O recommends OPPO

it doesn't suprise me.

Since the first Oppo dvd players they were rated with a extremely good quality-price ratio. They had one of the first multi DVD Video/Audio SACD player. HDMI connected I could listen to all these formats om my BS3/BV4. Note: it had even beter reviews then players 6* more expensive!

Later I switched to a BDP-83 Blu-ray (BR/DVD V & A/SACD). As expected it is an excelent player (mine is actually multi zone and multi region; with a special kit).

With the BR 3D and all the other spec's I'm sure, with my Oppo experience, it will be a very good player!

Oppo site:  www.oppodigital.com

• 07-06-2011 3:56 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Even after a short search it does get good reviews, with a few others complaining about this "top end" player having a "top end" price. No ***.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/OPPO-BDP-831-Blu-ray-Player_Surround-Sound-System_review

What's the player in the Beovision 7 does anyone know?. Thinking of upgrading that's all.

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 07-06-2011 3:57 PM In reply to

it used to be a Samsung

• 07-06-2011 4:09 PM In reply to

Oppo has one of the best sound processors, and I think that this is also important for B&O. Of course, the picture is also great.

And since the BS3 does not support i.e. DTS-MA, then the player must decode and send the PCM signal to BS3. And here I guess that the Oppo is much better than the Samsung. There is a reason for the high price tag of Oppo.

There is something about B&O.....

• 07-06-2011 4:13 PM In reply to

I have the 7-55 with BR player, and if I today should make a new purchase of 7-55, I would prefer the 7-55 without BR and buy the Oppo instead.

All my movies are stored on my NAS today, so I don't use the BR player that much Stick out tongue

It is a little slow and noisy.

There is something about B&O.....

• 07-06-2011 4:16 PM In reply to

I think I know what Blu-Ray player i'm going to buy...   still a lot cheaper than my old DVD1 :)

• 07-06-2011 5:39 PM In reply to

Paul Winn:

Hey Guys,

I've just watched June's B&O staff video and they are recommending the Oppo BDP-93 Blu-Ray player as the Official player to go with the BV4-85.

What are your views on this.   Very interesting that they don't recommend Samsung!!! (I've noticed that Samsung always get very very poor reviews in the press when up against Sony, Pioneer & Panasonic Blu-Ray players)

While this is no longer an issue with the BeoSystem 3, the Samsung blu-ray players were mysteriously unable to play on the BV4s that used the older BeoSystem 1. This never made sense to me. 

• 07-07-2011 2:52 AM In reply to

Nice that they reccomend OPPO, but up till now the OPPO is not in the PUC list (or has that changed recently)?

• 07-07-2011 5:38 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Not only is Oppo in the PUC list, it can be conneceted jack to jack (instead of jack to I/R blaster).

Also if ordered through a B&O dealer it can be specified without the manufacturers logo appearing when it starts up.

Opman

• 07-07-2011 6:16 AM In reply to

Paul Winn:

Hey Guys,

Can you share the URL where you saw the video? 

Thanks.

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 07-07-2011 6:37 AM In reply to

Here you go Karel...

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/beonews-broadcast

• 07-07-2011 7:58 AM In reply to

I like that the Oppo can play SACD and DVD-Audio. Also, it has dual HDMI output -- so we can use it with our older non-3D BeoSystem 3.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)