in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-08-2011 7:27 AM by Larskoelle. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-06-2011 8:09 AM

Upgrading my installation - any suggestions

Dear All,

I would like to know you opinions on my upgrade plan. Actually I am not sure which installation would be the best.

Currently I am using the BV6 with the BeoLab 11 and 3s but as I am going to upgrade to a BV10 40 / 46 I would like to build up to surround sound.

So I am looking for a solution for the additional two speakers.

Do the BL8000 MK2 (currently there are some at LifeStyle AV) , the BL 6002 fit to the BL3, should I stick with additional BL3s (currently there are some at LifeStyle AV)? (Or shall I go for the BL5 for front channel and take my BL3s as rear?)

The question which drives me is which speaker fit to each other the best way?

Thank you in advance,

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 07-07-2011 5:10 AM In reply to

Re: Upgrading my installation - any suggestions

Hi Larskoelle

First of all, there seems to be a general aggrement in here that you should not mix ALT speakers with Non ALT speakers. However the prefference is ofcause individual. I myself have BL5´s as front and BL3´s as rear speakers and find it to be a very nice combination for surround sound. Remeber that rear speakers are not used that much in a surround setup so the most important decision is what to place in front of you.  Also when you write wether you should get Bl5´s i trust that money is not an issue here. With your current setup, the easy soultion would be to get BL3´s as you already have a sub. You could also consider Bl9´s or go for the best, Bl5´s. With BL9´s i dont think your BL11 will do any good anymore, and if you choose BL5´s I am certain i will not longer be needed.

One thing you also might want to consider if you are looking into having surround is that the BV10 is not the ideal choice. Yes is has the surroundprocessor and everything, but the speaker in BV 10 does not compare to say a BL7-4 under a BV 7 or BV 4 in a surround setup. Ofcause BV 10 will work and everything, i am just letting you know that it is far more ment to be a standalone tv.

So if you want the best, get BL5´s and sell your BL11, if you want greatness, get Bl9´s and maybe sell your BL11 and if you want a very nice setup and prefer the smaller and stylish speakers, get an aditional pair of 3´s and keep your sub. My advise is not to buy BL8002 or 6002 or anything else than the three mentioned above as they will not have the ALT and probably not sound that nice in combination with your current speaker setup.

Good luck with your choice.

/Ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 07-08-2011 7:27 AM In reply to

Re: Upgrading my installation - any suggestions

Hi Ehlerz,

Thank you very much for your reply!

I was not aware of the opinion here at beoworld that one might considere not mix ALT and non ALT speakers. That is a very useful information. Hmm, I guess I have to ask my local dealer to set up a systemand let me hear the combination. I really like the design of the BL8k and BL6k...

To be honest I am absolutely into the BL5s but agree to your point that my BL11 would not make any further sense in my installation. Well, at least it looks very good ;-)

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)