in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-07-2011 11:04 AM by Opman. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-06-2011 7:43 AM

BEO6

I know the screen is bigger, but what are the differences between Beo6 andBeo5

I have beo5 but wondered if beo6 amy better

malcolm welborn

• 07-06-2011 8:27 AM In reply to

Re: BEO6

Malcolm,

With the currently released Beo6 firmware (Code which runs in the Beo6) it has exactly the same functionality as the Beo5

However, it has the hardware in place for future firmware releases which will provide other functionality including WiFi two way communications

From a purely hardware standpoint, clearly the screen is larger, but so is the type of screen and the action when you press an icon etc.

In fact the Beo5 screens are no longer available and if your's breaks (hardware failure), you will get a Beo6 screen which also means you will have the Beo6 functionality.

Regards Keith....

• 07-07-2011 5:38 AM In reply to

many thanks for the info, lets hope my beo5 breaks will end up with a beo6 lol

malcolm

• 07-07-2011 8:29 AM In reply to

• Mike Muller
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Geneva, Switzerland
    • Posts 1
    • Founder

I recently broke my Beo5 screen and so had to purchase the new Beo6.

My first impressions are:

1. the touch screen does not seem to react as nicely (often I have to press the icon twice to get a reaction)

2. the icons towards the bottom line of the screen are too near the "set up" line of icons on the very bottom of the screen.  So you need to pay attention to be sure you are pressing on the correct icon.

My advice:  save lots of money by treating your Beo5 with care.

• 07-07-2011 11:04 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

I have used both Beo5 & Beo6. The later has a larger screen and I found that I struggled to reach icons in the top left of the screen.

I am right handed and my right thumb couldn't reach all the way across without adjusting the position of the remote in my hand. It seems to have become a two handed operation that is not as natural as Beo4.

I also found that the bottom row of icons are very close to the three "buttons" now that they are incorporated into the screen.

I like the concept of Beo5/6 but maybe I just haven't used it often enough to get to grips with it.

Opman

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)