in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-05-2011 1:10 PM by Angel22. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-05-2011 10:56 AM

Cleaning the screen on Beovision 7

Advice needed please on what to use for cleaning the glass screen on new Beovision 7.

It's brand new and shouldn't have any marks on the screen, but it does.  Have tried a soft duster, but this does not remove the marks.  Manual says to use a window cleaning product, but they all seem to contain vinegar, which surely cannot be any good for the screen.

Some of the marks are fingermarks I think from installation day.

Has anyone else ever had marks on their TV screen from day one?

• 07-05-2011 11:00 AM In reply to

Re: Cleaning the screen on Beovision 7

Use a dry, lint free cloth - 3M microfibres being good, and some of your breath and you will find with perseverance it will clean up nicely :)

• 07-05-2011 11:17 AM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Buy two good quality microfibre cloths and mark one as dry. Wet the other with warm water and wring out as much water as possible. Wipe the cold screen and imediately dry off with the dry cloth, perfect result and no detergents to damege the reflex coating!

• 07-05-2011 11:30 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Thanks everybody. I bought a Phillips LCD screen cleaning set which included a cleaning device that has a pad on it. Ignored the cleaning agent but use the microfibre cloths and utensil to great effect. A few pounds later and a good as new screenWhistle

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 07-05-2011 12:59 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Chris:
    Ignored the cleaning agent but use the microfibre cloths and utensil to great effect. 

Yep, do! This doesn't work well on BV7 at all. I tried using it a while back and it just smears. In the end I had to use a lot of hot water and hard work to remove it and buff the screen without smears.

The BV7 MKIV appears to have some kind of "film" on the surface which stops dust from gathering on the surface. Hardly needs any cleaning.

• 07-05-2011 1:10 PM In reply to

Thanks for the advice.

Just out of interest  -  those of you that have a Beovision 7, what sort of protection did the actual TV screen come with and how impressed were you with the B&O packaging?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)