in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-15-2011 10:33 PM by TripEnglish. 46 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (47 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-13-2011 3:38 PM In reply to

Re: 5 hours to replace a Beosound 9000 mechanism?

9 LEE:

11048437:

....Just realise that the speaker distance was not set and also Beolab 1 was installed as CENTER speaker instead as Left and Right Front!!!!

Quick question..  Did the 7-55 come as just the screen, or with a BeoLab 7.6 (or 7.4) ?

Lee

Smile

Lee, the Television come just as screen. As I said, the speaker distance was not set. Also, TV is connected with a Beosound 9000. 

all sold!

• 06-13-2011 4:18 PM In reply to

Hey Mr Trip,

I am definately not new to the brand. I've had B&O in my family since the day I was born. I bought a Century in 1999 and then BV6, DVD1, LC2 after graduating from university. I did get rather bored with the brand a few years ago as I feel id moved on with iPods, iTunes etc and felt that B&O were too old fastioned (BC2/BS3200 etc) this is why im incredibly excited with BS8 and future products (new entry level beautifully designed televisions hopefully).

Also having had the durability, performance and long term reliability from brands such as Panasonic (they seem to last forever with me), I also know the B&O has to be exceptional in EVERY respect to justify their crazy prices!

Hey Lee, please when are you going to post up the report of the interview that you had with the new CEO?

• 06-13-2011 4:51 PM In reply to

Should be soon - he is working through the transcript. I think you will like a lot of what he had to say.

• 06-13-2011 5:02 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

11048437:

Lee, the Television come just as screen. As I said, the speaker distance was not set. Also, TV is connected with a Beosound 9000. 

Then taking the BeoLab 1's from the centre channel was the correct thing to do.  The installer would have used a Y-Splitter and set the BeoLab 1's to Left and Right to create a 'phantom' centre channel as you had no centre speaker to do this.

Also, if he had plugged them into the 'Front' speaker sockets they wouldn't have switched on as no centre speaker was attached.

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-13-2011 5:02 PM In reply to

Hey Peter you cool dude, I hope you are well!   That sounds very exciting! I was looking at motorbikes the other day and it turns out that my favourite bike the Daytona is made by Triumph  good call!

• 06-13-2011 5:04 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Paul Winn:

Hey Peter you cool dude..

Knowing Peter as i do, he will have recoiled in horror at that..

Laughing

• 06-13-2011 5:06 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

The interview was 1 hour long.  Try watching a 1 hour long TV programme, typing it up then editing it !!

Geeked 

• 06-13-2011 5:26 PM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Blackrix:

There are good dealers and let's hope most are. But there are also dealers who don't give a *** about their costumers and who think all is done after the sale is made and the money is payed. And I think the problem in the USA or Canada it is not so easy to find another dealer nearby. Over here in Holland we complain when we have to drive more than half an hour to get to the nearest dealer...... But I am willing to drive 45 minutes for a better dealer Big Smile

Eactly my recent experience - I called my local dealer in Ca******y and I only wanted a couple of Wireless 1's firmware updated - and all I could hear in the background was "tell him £120, tell him £120" - in the foreground the guy was saying to me that they charge by time, and as I only live 5 minutes away for the callout, it seemed a bit excessive. Even offering to bring them in, the guy in the background was still saying" still £120... tell him £120". 

I'm afraid I'll not give any business to such a desperate dealer - anyhow a call to the next town along, I was quoted £65 - along with a free 'system checkup' and a visit.

I'm afraid with franchises, you will get the good ones and the bad ones - and as the bad ones descend into panic, they just will get worse...

I think this forum is good to share info on how to do things and solve our own problems without having to get involved in this type of rubbish very often.

• 06-13-2011 5:53 PM In reply to

You will always find some black sheeps, but we, here on the forum, are fortunate to have some very good dealers as members, helping out with everything posible.

The problem for me and other people with a short fuse, is the anger that has to be let out emmidiatly, and then we get this kind of sorry threads on the forum, I learned my lesson doing the same one time, and in afterthought found that I had reacted to fast and to furius.

Next time I will think before I speak.

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 06-13-2011 5:57 PM In reply to

Where your BeoLink Wireless' within warrenty or was the warrenty expired?

• 06-13-2011 6:27 PM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Expired - I just want to use them in ML Bridge mode.

• 06-13-2011 7:16 PM In reply to

11048437:

TripEnglish:
    Since he (the string of random numbers that started the thread) says that there's no in-home service when there very clearly is, I'm going to assume that we're not being told the whole story of what's happening here. 

Trip, please do not make any statement if you do not know what kind of service is giving in Montreal area. Maybe there is a In home service in US, but in Montreal this service is not offered.  And also, what kind of story do you want to hear? I mean I should fabricate a story just to make you happy or what?

I can second that.

Repair service is always subcontracted which hikes the price, off course.
    Non of my B&O will ever go through the dealer, especially now that most of my gear dates from the 90ies. 

Last time I called B&O with some questions, they never called me back. Went in and got no real answers and no follow up.

Even Panasonic comes out to service my old 50 inch plasma, just one phone call away.. free screen calibration included.

Sorry that I can't be more positive.

• 06-14-2011 10:38 AM In reply to

It took my dealer 3 weeks to change the battery on my beocom 2 !

3 weeks ?! Imagine how long it would take to fix a tv !!?  Laughing

• 06-14-2011 10:38 AM In reply to

• 06-14-2011 1:22 PM In reply to

Flappo:

Since you double posted it must have been 6 weeks? Wink

Before we start to say that all dealers are salespersons without any feeling for after sales, there can be other causes for having a long repair time. Everywhere in electronics land there is a problem with components because several factories closed in the economic recession and they can't start those factories up fast enough to get up with the demand for components. Also B&O has had problems because of this.

So it is possible that a battery for for instance a BeoCom 2 is not available at a certain moment and you have to wait for parts. This can also happen for other components. What can also be a cause is that the problem is hard to find, or that a circuit board is ordered and the problem is not in there and they have to order another one. So it is not always the dealers fault that a repair takes a long time. But in my opinion a dealer should always inform the costumer as soon as he knows that it might take some more time to get the needed part.

• 06-14-2011 5:22 PM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

Crap excuse. It's year 2011.

• 06-15-2011 8:42 AM In reply to

If you think it's a crap excuse you don't know what is happening at the moment in the electronics world. If new components are not available they are not available. That has nothing to do with it being 2011, it has to do with deliveryproblems of electronic components.

• 06-15-2011 9:25 AM In reply to

Dude1 does not know what's happening in the electronics world. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-15-2011 3:40 PM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

How silly of me Trip. I forgot to consult you before attempting any sort of dialogue.

• 06-15-2011 3:53 PM In reply to

What I am trying to say is that if a dealer has a good excuse why a repair takes longer and he can back it up, then I don't have a problem with that. But the costumer should always be informed about it!

• 06-15-2011 4:05 PM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

Did you check that with Trip?Big Smile

• 06-15-2011 10:33 PM In reply to

Dude1:

How silly of me Trip. I forgot to consult you before attempting any sort of dialogue.

You're forgiven. I can't stay mad at you. Wink

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

Page 2 of 2 (47 items) < Previous 1 2