in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-15-2011 10:33 PM by TripEnglish. 46 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (47 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-10-2011 2:27 PM

5 hours to replace a Beosound 9000 mechanism?

hi,

I have a lot of B&O products but I feel that the end is near because of the B&O service.

2 years ago I sent a Beolab 1 in MINT condition to be repaired and came back scratched!!!

Now,my Beosound 9000 needs a new mechanism. 5 hours labor charge to do that!!!!! that is amazing!!!!!! I feel that I.m ripped off by the service center.

Also, my new Beolab 5 has a problem in Digital mode. The Tweeter volume goes MAX from time to time which is annoying. To be repaired, I have to transport the speaker to the service. I am sure that the speaker will be scratched after the repairing!!!

Feel sad that this is happening!!!

Next buy will be FOR SURE A  NOT B&O PRODUCT!!!!!!!!

all sold!

• 06-10-2011 3:36 PM In reply to

Re: 5 hours to replace a Beosound 9000 mechanism?

I never replaced a CD mechanism in a BeoSound 9000, but 5 hours seem a bit long to me also! Have they rebuild the complete BeoSound?

Regarding damages, this can happen during repair and/or transport. But if it happens during repair, the service center is responsible for this and they should fix it! 

• 06-10-2011 9:09 PM In reply to

It sounds like there's more to this story. The US & Canada share an RSO so policies are the same across the board.

First of all, BeoLab 5s qualify for in-home service. If it's a warranty issue the company covers all transport to the site, parts, and labor. So no. If you're in Montreal as your ID says you are you do not, in fact, have to bring the speaker to the service center. Nor would you have had to bring BeoLab 1s, which also qualify for in-home service. 

As for the BeoSound 9000, 5 hours may be a bit on the high side, but not by much and we're talking a matter of a few hundred dollars. You can almost always deal on the level with your local shop and/or service center. We're not such a large corporation that you'll have a 17 year old in a t-shirt shrugging their shoulders and saying "well that's our policy."

While I know that poor service exists out there, and in greater scope than it should be, there are stories that sound like some of the details are probably being withheld. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-10-2011 9:23 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:
    First of all, BeoLab 5s qualify for in-home service.

The dealer will perform an update to see if the problem arise again. In case it is a problem with the digtal, the speaker should be transported to the service center.

As for the Beolab 1, I had to sent it to the dealer and the dealer sent it to the service center.

thanks

all sold!

• 06-11-2011 7:17 AM In reply to

If there is a problem with the digital circuitry in BeoLab 5, the dealer can order a service suitcase with all modules inside and repair the BeoLab 5 at home. 

• 06-11-2011 7:39 AM In reply to

TripEnglish:

As for the BeoSound 9000, 5 hours may be a bit on the high side, but not by much and we're talking a matter of a few hundred dollars. You can almost always deal on the level with your local shop and/or service center. We're not such a large corporation that you'll have a 17 year old in a t-shirt shrugging their shoulders and saying "well that's our policy."

5 hours is a rip off. It is a 2 hour job, maximum! I have done several.

Regards Graham

• 06-11-2011 8:16 AM In reply to

I live three hours from the nearest B and O service. Technician has made the trip for both warranty and non warranty repairs on TVs and done the entire repair in my home. As mentioned above all it takes is a service suitcase.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 06-11-2011 11:50 AM In reply to

joeyboygolf:

TripEnglish:

5 hours is a rip off. It is a 2 hour job, maximum! I have done several.

The point I was making is that there is very likely more to the story than is being divulged. The facts don't add up in any of the details. No new service centers are springing up in NA so we can be pretty sure that that technician has some experience. If the technician is billing 5 hours, I'm guessing whatever happened took about 5 hours.

Since he (the string of random numbers that started the thread) says that there's no in-home service when there very clearly is, I'm going to assume that we're not being told the whole story of what's happening here. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 06-11-2011 3:24 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:
    Since he (the string of random numbers that started the thread) says that there's no in-home service when there very clearly is, I'm going to assume that we're not being told the whole story of what's happening here. 

Trip, please do not make any statement if you do not know what kind of service is giving in Montreal area. Maybe there is a In home service in US, but in Montreal this service is not offered.  And also, what kind of story do you want to hear? I mean I should fabricate a story just to make you happy or what?

all sold!

• 06-11-2011 4:25 PM In reply to

11048437:

TripEnglish:

Trip, please do not make any statement if you do not know what kind of service is giving in Montreal area. Maybe there is a In home service in US, but in Montreal this service is not offered.  And also, what kind of story do you want to hear? I mean I should fabricate a story just to make you happy or what?

I do not believe Trip states that he wants to have a story made up Wink. However, as many replies on this site shows, it is common dealers are visiting your home when problems arise. Especially if you talk about the more expensive parts of the B&O setup like the BL5's. Probably you can highlight a bit more why our dealer wants you to bring the things in etc. 

[As I live in Europe, dealers are well within reach. My dealer for example has 15 min travel time, so your experience can differ I assume :-)]

• 06-11-2011 5:45 PM In reply to

Thing is that I do know the service system. If you were in Germany or Singapore I'd keep quiet. As it stands, though, I'm in a position to suspect that there are details that are yet to emerge. I have, however, popped some popcorn and am eagerly awaiting further telling of this tale. 

• 06-12-2011 10:20 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

TripEnglish:

Thing is that I do know the service system. If you were in Germany or Singapore I'd keep quiet. As it stands, though, I'm in a position to suspect that there are details that are yet to emerge. I have, however, popped some popcorn and am eagerly awaiting further telling of this tale. 

Confused - What ever happened to "the customer is always right"?

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 06-12-2011 12:33 PM In reply to

Ah, yes.  Those merchants who completely abide by that ol' saying are only interested in (future) profits, and not the truth.

If you think my opinion is from Mars or something, then consider what kind of adult you would raise if all you said to a child was:

"Honey, you're always right. Don't worry about any decision or choice you make, because we'll never let you be harmed by it."

Spoiled, I'd say. Like alot of consumers...especially here in the USA.

B

• 06-12-2011 12:35 PM In reply to

This is why I think it will be brilliant being able to buy certain B&O models from the Apple stores etc. Ive come across a few snooty B&O dealers in the past and it properly explains why their sales are falling. If B&O are wanting to attract a younger customer they should walk into a MINI car showroom and see how inviting and inspiring a visit is there!

• 06-12-2011 4:43 PM In reply to

Paul, I appreciate that you like Minis and B&O products. I'm happy that you're (from what I understand) new to the brand and eagerly awaiting the cool stuff we have in the pipeline. And I also agree that there are B&O dealers who suffer the same syndrome that many luxury dealers do in dealing with younger or less affluent customers. 

But when a customer takes to the internet with stories that are demonstrably false and rather obviously so, it's entirely appropriate that members of the dealer network pipe up and set the record straight. After all, what if you were to read his post and walk away thinking that B&O dealers made customers drag 200 pounds of gear to a showroom or service center somewhere to get repairs? That would be entirely false, and yet it might stick in the mind of some potential buyer and color their opinions of the brand.

The reality is that bad dealers don't stay around long and the economic downturn flushed most of the thoughtless or careless ones out of the system. Our dealer network, by and large, is very dedicated to giving people customer service that lives up to the expectations that our reputation has earned us. As someone who has a lot to say on the brand, certainly you can appreciate a dealer looking to communicate factual information and call attention to a willful fabrication as a service to other customers, can't you?

• 06-12-2011 9:02 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:
    Our dealer network, by and large, is very dedicated to giving people customer service that lives up to the expectations that our reputation has earned us.

DELETE!

all sold!

• 06-13-2011 4:45 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

11048437:

....Just realise that the speaker distance was not set and also Beolab 1 was installed as CENTER speaker instead as Left and Right Front!!!!

Quick question..  Did the 7-55 come as just the screen, or with a BeoLab 7.6 (or 7.4) ?

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-13-2011 4:57 AM In reply to

TripEnglish:

The reality is that bad dealers don't stay around long and the economic downturn flushed most of the thoughtless or careless ones out of the system. Our dealer network, by and large, is very dedicated to giving people customer service that lives up to the expectations that our reputation has earned us. 

In which world do you live? There are still a lot of bad dealers around who only go for the money and don't care about their costumers or their products after the sale is made. And one way or the other those dealers stay around! There are also a lot of very good dealers, but there are also dealers who give crap service and ask loads of money for that!

• 06-13-2011 8:03 AM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

Big Smile

I love the attitude! 'He's a B&O owner, so he can't be telling the truth!'

LOL! Good luck B&O - going....going.....

• 06-13-2011 8:07 AM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

Spot on!

• 06-13-2011 8:09 AM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

I reckon you should move to Denmark and run the company. You appear to know everything Trip.

• 06-13-2011 8:55 AM In reply to

I live in North America and have always received excellent customer service from B and O. I have also had excellent service from 5 different B and O stores over the years. They all want to make the customer happy and have exhibited great enthusiasm for and knowledge about the products.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 06-13-2011 12:29 PM In reply to

Razlaw:

I live in North America and have always received excellent customer service from B and O. For instance, my Avant was repaired in home, at no charge, by a service center three hours away even AFTER the warranty had expired. I have also had excellent service from 5 different B and O stores over the years. They all want to make the customer happy and have exhibited great enthusiasm for and knowledge about the products.

There are good dealers and let's hope most are. But there are also dealers who don't give a *** about their costumers and who think all is done after the sale is made and the money is payed. And I think the problem in the USA or Canada it is not so easy to find another dealer nearby. Over here in Holland we complain when we have to drive more than half an hour to get to the nearest dealer...... But I am willing to drive 45 minutes for a better dealer Big Smile

• 06-13-2011 3:20 PM In reply to

..........after dealing with the service center now the cost of the repairing is OK.

all sold!

• 06-13-2011 3:25 PM In reply to

Have you send them a link to this thread??Big Smile

Page 1 of 2 (47 items) 1 2 Next >