in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-16-2011 2:42 PM by ibg001. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-09-2011 3:28 PM

Mac OS X Lion and Beoport

Hopefully BM-link will work with Mac OS X Lion when the new OS X is released next month. 

Filed under: ,
  • 06-10-2011 4:15 AM In reply to

Re: Mac OS X Lion and Beoport

ibg001:

Hopefully BM-link will work with Mac OS X Lion when the new OS X is released next month. 

LinkPlayer partially works ... I will see if I can test BM-Link for you over this weekend

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-10-2011 7:42 AM In reply to

I was asking myself the same question last night when I received Apple's newsletter about Lion OS X coming in july.

Let's hope BMLink is a bit updated at the same time, it would be nice to have a BeoPlayer kind of interface on the Mac, rather than the standard Itunes display, without any feedback about video or audio master sources; maybe Anders is already working on something!

Smile

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 06-10-2011 10:30 PM In reply to

well BMLink works on LION

I booted up my LION partition

Did a search in the other partition's applications folder for BMLink and found something that I double clicked and which then added BMLink to LION's system preferences

I configured BMLink as best I could remember the options

When I tried clicking the BMLink icon in the top line of the LION desktop I got the spinning rainbow

So I rebooted

And tried again and I was able to get the volume slider

Then I used the Beo4 to issue [N.MUSIC] in a link room and everything came to life

BMLink transmitted the song titles etc to the BeoSound 4's display

The coloured Beo4 keys switched between different "views" album, artist, music etc

The Cake Beo4 key skipped forward to the next track in whatever "view" I was in

So, as I said, BMLink works on LION ... as is ... no mods by Anders seem to be needed :)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-16-2011 2:42 PM In reply to

Thanks a lot for the test. Now we can calm down and wait for Lion.

Next we can hope that Bang&Olufsen some day will support Airplay.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)