in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-08-2011 8:57 AM by John. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-08-2011 8:26 AM

Superaudio CD on BV-8-40

Hallo,

I have a Sony BDP-373 bluray player (same as a 370) connected to my BV-8-40. Last night I recieved a superaudio CD which I like to play. However no sound is passed on when I select the supaudio cd layer of the disk. Does anybody know if the Beovision is able to play the superaudio cd layer? Do I need to make a setting in the TV?

thanks!

• 06-08-2011 8:57 AM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • Melbourne Australia
    • Posts 64
    • Bronze Member

Re: Superaudio CD on BV-8-40

Zwets:

Hallo,

I have a Sony BDP-373 bluray player (same as a 370) connected to my BV-8-40. Last night I recieved a superaudio CD which I like to play. However no sound is passed on when I select the supaudio cd layer of the disk. Does anybody know if the Beovision is able to play the superaudio cd layer? Do I need to make a setting in the TV?

thanks!

The Sony Bluray players are able to play Blurays, DVD's, CDs, CDR's etc, and as you have also found, SACD.  

Within the setup menu of the Sony, you will be able to choose to let the player output native DSD, (for a receiver that can decode native DSD - ES Sony and some Yamaha models come to mind) OR convert the DSD (direct stream digital which is what SACD  'is') to PCM or pulse code modulation - the digital stream that red Book CD, DVD and Bluray uses, and output that high res PCM stream over HDMI.

Whilst I have more experience with Sony than B&O, the Beolab 8-40 should (looking at the specifications and instruction manual) be able to handle high resolution multi-channel PCM sent to it over HDMI, from your Sony Bluray player.

Others may have more knowledge than I on the Beovision 8-40 as to how it handles PCM, but I am confident it will work OK - it had better or else I won't be buying one...lol... as I use both SACD and of course blurays.... not to mention a Sony Bluray player as well, and am contemplating life with a B&O 8-40 or 10-46 in the not to distant future.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

John...  Smile

No-one ever regretted buying quality.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)