in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-03-2011 3:56 PM by Guy1680. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-03-2011 3:56 PM

• Guy1680
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-18-2007
    • Viborg, Denmark
    • Posts 104
    • Gold Member

Beocom 4 Power Supply

I just wanted to share my experiences of fixing a power supply problem with a Beocom 4.  Other posts suggest that this may be quite common. 

My Beocom 4 developed an intermittent power supply problem that I eventually traced to the connection between the charging cable and the plug in charger.  I initially thought the cable had a break in it, hence got a quote for a replacement charger - £35!

Whilst trying to take the charger apart, I realised that by twisting the cable/charger connection by 90 degrees it actually detaches from the charger to reveal that it is connected with a standard DC plug connection - like the one used for mobiles.  I undid the single screw under the charger and used a bit of brute force to pull it apart.  Upon pulling out the small circuit board it was immediately apparent that the surface mounted DC socket solder joints were dry/disconnected.  Ten minutes with the soldering iron, reassembly, and all is now working perfectly.

Hope this is useful!

Filed under: ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)