in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-05-2011 11:40 AM by vikinger. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2011 12:44 PM

Tommy Larsen CD 25

Has anyone come across the Tommy Larsen CD 25 rack?

Apparently B&O used to stock them, and there was a court case about counterfeits.

Still available here.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 06-01-2011 6:08 PM In reply to

Re: Tommy Larsen CD 25

Ah, yes. It was was of the first purchases I made at the B&O temple while I was still a law student. One of the few items I could afford at B&O at the time!

• 06-02-2011 8:05 PM In reply to

• Earle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-12-2008
    • Posts 26
    • Bronze Member

I used to work at a store here in the States and we sold them (not anymore). When we decided not to carry them anymore, I bought all I could get my hands on. I have 2 of the ones they sold at B&O and 3 of these... (not sure if B&O sold these ones, but I'm thinking about putting them up on eBay)...

www.myspace.com/djbosconian www.myspace.com/earlec
  • 06-02-2011 8:14 PM In reply to

• Earle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-12-2008
    • Posts 26
    • Bronze Member

Took a closer look... the other version I posted has a "Tommy Larsen" stamp on the bottom of the rubber base. The CD 25 has no marks whatsoever. So while I have the authentic product, there really isn't a way to determine the fakes from the "reals" (is that a real word?). Kind of a bummer.... I was almost as enthralled with Tommy Larsen design as I was with B&O.

On a side note, this was my first TL purchase... kinda awesome in a subtle way.... sort of like this other Danish company I know of Wink

www.myspace.com/djbosconian www.myspace.com/earlec
  • 06-05-2011 11:40 AM In reply to

Interesting posts Earle!

Personally I like the look and simplicity of the Larsen CD25 design more than the 'Multi media' versions, but the latter were obviously an attempt to adapt to a wider market.

As CDs fall out of fashion I wonder what alternative uses owners will find for these designer racks?

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)