in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-01-2011 10:39 PM by Stan. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-31-2011 5:05 PM

Silly incidents with B&O

Bought an HDR1 some time ago and it has performed faultlessly.

Set it to record the F1 Grand Prix and the one hour run-up when we going to be out last week. 

Returned and watched it......... only for it to stop playing half way through the final lap! Some previous owner had set the maximum manual record time at 2.30 hours at which point it duly switched off.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 05-31-2011 5:16 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Re: Silly incidents with B&O

Back in the day, not long after the Avant was launched, we had a spate of service calls reporting that the new set was dead. On the arrival of the engineer, the customers were suitably embarrassed to discover that their child had switched the set off with the red power button cunningly concealed under the front of of the tube.

• 06-01-2011 3:55 AM In reply to

I had a customer call saying her BS9000 had stopped responding to all remote funtions,

I asked her to press 'list' then 'standby' incase it was an option setting, she said there is no list button (?)

I then asked if it has the lcd screen at the top to determine which remote she had, she said no it hasnt.

Ok then i said, can you change the batteries while im on the phone, she then said there was no battery compartment.

Later in the conversation she tells me (it was working perfectly when it was in the machine, then when i took it out it stopped working).

The penny dropped, she had the control panel in her hand Big Smile , nice idea though, shame B&O hadnt thought of it.

jason

• 06-01-2011 5:50 AM In reply to

My personal embarrassment was popping into the dealer (Newcastle, Gray Street) saying that there was something wrong with my BeoSound 2 -- it had stopped playing my music.

The lovely guys there kindly turned up the volume Laughing for me without saying anything disparaging ... well at least not to my face !

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-01-2011 8:19 AM In reply to

Hmmm.......

Yes one I can recall. I got my white BM6000 home from Dillen totally brought back from dead and so forth.

I plug it in and it lights up fine. I push the Beolab 6000 terminal and nothing happens.

A call to Dillen. Are the remote board installed? It was optinal back then and I did not know that at the time. The BM6000 never had the remote board. Dillen had one untested version which still works great to this day.

• 06-01-2011 10:40 AM In reply to

Hmmm... from me as well!

Once had a customer call a bit irate -stating there was something wrong with his new BG5005 and MMC3. The arm would just skate across the record! I asked if he had raised the stylus guard... ~30 seconds later he was not so irate.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 06-01-2011 6:02 PM In reply to

• Yendys
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 100
    • Founder

Got my Beolab 4000 mk 1 out of storage following a long renovation, neither powered up. The rest of my beolabs and equipment were fine. Sent the 4000 off to service who phoned and said after pressing their power on buttons could find anything wrong.... DOH!

BV10, AvantDVD, BS3000, BL8000, BL6000, BL4000, BL3500, BeoPorts, BC9300, BC7002, CX100s, C75s, Beo4s, BC6000s, LC2s, A9, A8s,

• 06-01-2011 10:39 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Bought a used BeoLink Active from an on-line auction.  Wired it in, turn it on and nothing...  no response, nothing.  Worried that I had a dud, I e-mailed the seller who assured me that "everything worked before we took the system apart".  Hmm...  Swapped in my other Active and everything was fine so cables and IR were OK...  Finally, a search of beoworld led me to... the "ignore remote"' option setting was enabled...  I didn't think the Active supported this mode since it seems pretty useless (in my opinion) when it ignores the remote, but that was the problem.  It has worked fine ever since...

Stan

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)