in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-31-2011 5:29 AM by vikinger. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-30-2011 11:51 AM

Membership renewal problems

Anyone else having problems? I got a Beoworld reminder about 4 weeks ago and found that I couldn't renew online (after trying two different credit cards).

Thought it might be a site issue, but when I tried again today...... same problem.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 05-30-2011 12:52 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Membership renewal problems

The actual charging of the card is handled by HSBC Online Card Processing, so it may be worth checking the details you've entered.  The card processing kind of 'credit scores' the transaction taking into account the details registered against the card and the actual details entered on the transaction.

Are the address details you're entering the ones registered to the card?  This is the most common problem.

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-30-2011 1:21 PM In reply to

9 LEE:

The actual charging of the card is handled by HSBC Online Card Processing, so it may be worth checking the details you've entered.  The card processing kind of 'credit scores' the transaction taking into account the details registered against the card and the actual details entered on the transaction.

Are the address details you're entering the ones registered to the card?  This is the most common problem.

Lee

Smile

Cards work OK elsewhere (inc buying from Lifestyle!)

• 05-30-2011 1:38 PM In reply to

You dont think swmbo as been using them without you knowing!!Laughing

• 05-30-2011 2:11 PM In reply to

Glen fizzawizz:

You dont think swmbo as been using them without you knowing!!Laughing

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing      Hmm

Lee,

I've contacted one of the card companies and they have no record of any attempted transaction today....... from which they conclude that there is a problem at the Beoworld end. (The online rejections are virtually instant after you hit the pay now button).

Graham

• 05-31-2011 5:29 AM In reply to

RESOLVED! With a bit of helpful prodding from Keith.

I am guessing that a subtle  address abbreviation on the Beoworld address details was enough to cause a system miss-match preventing payment.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)