in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-03-2011 6:00 AM by Premiumverum. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-30-2011 7:24 AM

• Dave0280
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-05-2008
    • Birmingham, UK
    • Posts 126
    • Gold Member

Trying to find a post on the 'old forum' - anyone help?

Hi all - i'm in the process of renovating a Beosystem and i've been informed that i can strip the grey paint off my beomaster and beocord 3500 to match my beogram 4500. There was a post by a forum member (A2bur) but its on the old forum - could anyone access it for me or point me in the right direction. I heard it involved Nitromors stripper but wanted to see how he did it just in case i mess it up!

Thanks in advance

Dave

Dave - Birmingham, UK
  • 05-30-2011 8:16 AM In reply to

Re: Trying to find a post on the 'old forum' - anyone help?

What about this?

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/27958/279154.aspx

• 05-31-2011 4:26 AM In reply to

• Dave0280
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-05-2008
    • Birmingham, UK
    • Posts 126
    • Gold Member

Thanks for that -looks great. What type of paint stripper did you use and did you do it without taking the lid off or did you strip the system down?

If i could get that end result i'd be very happy.....

Dave - Birmingham, UK
  • 06-03-2011 6:00 AM In reply to

To be safe you should take the lid off: very easy and instructions are somewhere around the forum if you search. I see you are a gold member so take a look at the service manual!

Keep in mind the paint stripper will melt any plastic away upon contact so be very careful on the edges of the metal, work bit by bit.

You can use any laquer stripper, nitromors will be fine as it is probably available in the uk. If not there is probably something with similar ingredients, check at your DIY store.

No guarantees on what you will find underneath the paint though: someone once told me the panels that were turned down in the factory for beosystem 4500 were sprayed grey and used on the cheaper 3500.

Good luck and remember to post a picture of the result!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)