in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-28-2011 11:38 AM by Alain-Olivier. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-28-2011 9:59 AM

Beolab Penta midrange wiring

Bonjour,

This might be a simple question to some of you but, on a pair of Penta 3, I just had the midrange refoamed and now I have a doubt on the wiring. On the 4 midrange speakers, the 2 middle ones are cross-wired, but I did not mark the wires properly and now on one - is connected to -, and the other + is connected to -. That just can't be right. Any advice would be appreciated, wiring diagram.

Regards,

Alain-Olivier

Montréal

Filed under: , ,
  • 05-28-2011 10:58 AM In reply to

Re: Beolab Penta midrange wiring

It is correct. 2 sets in serie.

Look at the placement of the speakers in the diagram. The wiring looks odd, but it is the actual placement of the (mid)speaker.

So the upper one iin the diagram s actual the upper placed mid speaker and the bottom one in the diagram is the bottom mid speaker of the 4 mids in the penta.

• 05-28-2011 11:06 AM In reply to

Thanks Beobuddy but you missed the point of my question altogether. Should the two - be inter-connected or the + to the -, and then is it the bottom - to the upper + or else. Can you enlighten me on this?

Regards,

Alain-Olivier

• 05-28-2011 11:11 AM In reply to

• egoh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-12-2011
    • Austin, Texas - USA
    • Posts 77
    • Gold Member

Definitely check out the wiring diagram in the Service Manual to be certain - that's what I did. Perhaps my picture might help a little....although it's hard to trace the wires.

• 05-28-2011 11:16 AM In reply to

• egoh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-12-2011
    • Austin, Texas - USA
    • Posts 77
    • Gold Member

BTW, the speakers are wired in two sets: each set in series. That means they will be connected + to -. 

The inner set: Green goes to negative (opposite phase)

The outer set: Blue goes to positive 

• 05-28-2011 11:31 AM In reply to

Alain-Olivier:

Thanks Beobuddy but you missed the point of my question altogether. Should the two - be inter-connected or the + to the -, and then is it the bottom - to the upper + or else. 

In series means connecting from one (+) to another (-). It is a bit confusing, but it is ther for a purpose.

The outher 2 are slightly different (backwards) placed and needed an extra coil/capacitor parallel.

• 05-28-2011 11:38 AM In reply to

Thanks guys, you're of great help, I can now connect them an enjoy the sound of the newly revamped midrange

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)